Workaround To Get To Your Pms

Decorating By AnnieCahill Updated 7 Sep 2012 , 3:41pm by hbquikcomjamesl

AnnieCahill Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AnnieCahill Posted 6 Sep 2012 , 3:23pm
post #1 of 8

Here's how you can get to your inbox/PMs:

Go to one of your posts (you can do this by going up to forums at the top of the screen, then select my forum posts). Click on one of your posts to get in the thread and then at the bottom of your own post click the pm button (so essentially you are sending yourself a pm). Just put something in the subject line and something in the message box so it will send, then once you click send you should be able to get to your inbox.

Annie

7 replies
srkmilklady Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
srkmilklady Posted 6 Sep 2012 , 5:50pm
post #2 of 8

This whole site is becoming too much work lately. Very time consuming especially when you need some info quickly. In one section I'm logged in, then when I go somewhere else, I'm not logged in anymore. The error messages are becoming an everyday event that I'm just not interested in anymore. If I can't go to the part of the site I need to go to, I am just going to say....forget it!

And that is sad, because I love this site for all it has to offer....when it's working right...which it hasn't been for a long time now! I'm just about ready to throw in the towel.....icon_cry.gificon_cry.gificon_cry.gif

Godot Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Godot Posted 6 Sep 2012 , 6:24pm
post #3 of 8

I've been having these problems too. I'm new, so I wasn't sure if this was 'normal' for the site, but after reading this I guess its not normal.

MimiFix Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MimiFix Posted 6 Sep 2012 , 10:07pm
post #4 of 8

I think the folks who run this site do a great job and face a huge challenge. If you believe we have headaches, theirs are multiplied a hundred times. We can wait it out and hope they decide to let us continue without paying a membership fee.

Jackie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jackie Posted 6 Sep 2012 , 11:07pm
post #5 of 8

Hey everyone thanks for hanging in there!
We have been upgrading the caching servers over the past few days to help make the site faster, and that cause a few technical glitches with some of the pages.

You should be able to access your messages, forums, and some of the other error messages should be gone as well

Godot Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Godot Posted 7 Sep 2012 , 4:41am
post #6 of 8

Geez Mimi - it wasn't really a complaint, just an observation.

Thanks Jackie.

srkmilklady Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
srkmilklady Posted 7 Sep 2012 , 4:55am
post #7 of 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Godot

Geez Mimi - it wasn't really a complaint, just an observation.

Thanks Jackie.

Agreed Godot....and yes, thanks Jackie for these recent issue fixes. Hopefully, the older issues regarding the recipe section will be on the fix-it list soon. After reporting the issue several months ago, I still can't save any favorite recipes or find the ones that I did have saved..... icon_sad.gif

hbquikcomjamesl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
hbquikcomjamesl Posted 7 Sep 2012 , 3:41pm
post #8 of 8

Thanks. The explanation certainly squares with the way it seemed to be acting like the pages were spread out over multiple servers that weren't talking to each other.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%