Problem With Web Site Or Computer?

Decorating By KatieKake Updated 6 Sep 2012 , 12:39pm by MsGF

KatieKake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KatieKake Posted 5 Sep 2012 , 6:31pm
post #1 of 13

I do not know if it is something with my computers or ISP but even though I am signed in it says I can not post, I have checked this out on both my laptop and desk computers, both of them say the same thing . When I clicked on post a new topic I did get the proper window, and am writing this, there is some kind of problem going on, does any one else have the same thing happening? Very Strange

12 replies
Godot Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Godot Posted 5 Sep 2012 , 7:30pm
post #2 of 13

The same thing is happening to me!

jason_kraft Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jason_kraft Posted 5 Sep 2012 , 7:39pm
post #3 of 13

I've been having intermittent problems where it prompts for a login even when I'm already logged in, and hitting the submit button just refreshes the page without logging in.

EDIT: This issue just happened to me after creating a new post, so that may have something to do with it. I had to switch to a different computer to edit this post.

There was also an outage of several hours yesterday and intermittent problems displaying style sheets, so it looks like there are serious technical issues happening behind the scenes. Unfortunately there has been no communication from the CC staff (as usual) so no one knows what is going on.

debster Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
debster Posted 5 Sep 2012 , 8:15pm
post #4 of 13

I haven't been able to post a picture in months and half the time it won't even let me see the items and things load super slow. I've about given up coming here it's so frustrating. It wouldn't even let me put a claim in for tech support so what else can you do?

JanDunlevy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JanDunlevy Posted 5 Sep 2012 , 8:40pm
post #5 of 13

I have been having terrible problems with the entire site for weeks now. There are times when I cannot get on at all, times when parts of the site like recipes or gallery will not come up. I have had times when the back arrow will not work, times when I cannot add to favs. I just thought maybe they were redoing parts of the site one at a time although I have seen no change or improvements. Very frustrating! Gave up and printed off all my favorite recipes because I was getting caught needing to bake and not being able to get on. Use my iPad most of the time but desktop the same way.

Leauna Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Leauna Posted 5 Sep 2012 , 10:00pm
post #6 of 13

I have been noticing problems too. Logged in on some pages but not on others and then the site going down completely. I come back the next day to get on and it shows that I am still logged in.....weird. icon_sad.gif

joyofcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
joyofcakes Posted 5 Sep 2012 , 11:07pm
post #7 of 13

I also been haveing trouble when I login The home page as been the same one for weeks same cake pictures and topics. Love everyones cake pictures but would really like to see new ones once in a while icon_cry.gif

kimbm04r Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kimbm04r Posted 5 Sep 2012 , 11:21pm
post #8 of 13

I am having problems also. I am logged in and it appears as though I have a new message. When I try to access the message it takes me to the log in screen, and it starts all over again. If you have sent me a message please understand that I am having trouble accessing it and will as soon as the site allows.

hbquikcomjamesl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
hbquikcomjamesl Posted 6 Sep 2012 , 6:18am
post #9 of 13

Now THAT's interesting:

Earlier, I PM'd The Big Boss that literally every other page was showing me as "not signed on." Including checking my own messages. With the thread page in the half that showed me as "not signed on."

And yet the reply button works.

Fascinating.

Mandatory cake content:
Did I mention that my "Leland Awards" cake was a big hit at the Printing Museum? Or that I ended up having to field a whole lot of questions about Edible Image technology? Today, on my lunch break, I showed the pictures to the folks at the cake supply; they were duly impressed.

(BTW: The reason why I served it "in pan" was more a matter of transport safety than anything else: I had a pan with a plastic cover, but I didn't have anything that could serve as a transport container for a 13x9 cake.)

scp1127 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
scp1127 Posted 6 Sep 2012 , 9:21am
post #10 of 13

It shows I'm not signed on either but the only thing it is affecting is my ability to answer pm's. Sorry those who wrote... I'll answer when I can.

sillyoldpoohbear Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sillyoldpoohbear Posted 6 Sep 2012 , 10:55am
post #11 of 13

This is the first time all week I have been able to access the site at all. At first I thought it was my tablet but when I tried on a laptop I was still not able to access the site. I thought it was just me.

I've just signed in to post this & it didn't show that was signed in, but when I pressed the reply to topic button it came up that I was signed in. I'm confused.

GarciaGM Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
GarciaGM Posted 6 Sep 2012 , 11:29am
post #12 of 13

Ditto. I can see that I have a PM but I can't get to it. Keeps redirecting me to log in again even though I am already logged in, and it always returns me to the home page.

MsGF Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MsGF Posted 6 Sep 2012 , 12:39pm
post #13 of 13

I'm showing Not Signed In to Forums. I struggled yesterday now I'm still not signed in to post on the Forum and when I hit Sign In nothing happens, but when I hit the "Reply to Post" on the bottom left of a post it signs me in and I can post. Really weird. I thought it was just me too. Glad to hear it is not. This site is very strange sometimes. icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%