Looking For Advanced Cake Decorating Classes

Decorating By marieandtwannette Updated 25 Aug 2012 , 9:58pm by grandmomof1

marieandtwannette Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
marieandtwannette Posted 21 Aug 2012 , 10:18pm
post #1 of 6

I've been decorating for about two years. Most of what I've learned was from taking 2 Wilton's classes, and watching tutorials...and trial and error!

I'd really like to take some more advanced classes, possibly even attend a conference. Can anyone direct me to a good source for that?

I live near Charlotte, NC - but for a conference (full day or multiple days), I'd be willing to do some travelling.

Thanks!

5 replies
Jennifer353 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jennifer353 Posted 22 Aug 2012 , 10:32am
post #2 of 6

What about the cake cruise? I'm in the UK so not much help with specifics but someone posted about a cake cruise the other day which sounded great!

wswanliz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
wswanliz Posted 23 Aug 2012 , 4:59pm
post #3 of 6

You might want to try one of these places to see what classes they are holding.

Great Cakes by Susan
6144 Raisin Tree Ln
Charlotte, NC 28215
(704) 287-1709

The Cake Studio
8700 Pineville Matthews Road
Suite 350
Charlotte, NC 28226
704-542-6033

Also you may want to look at NC ICES. There also is a meetup group called the NC Cakers.

shanter Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ibmoser Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ibmoser Posted 24 Aug 2012 , 3:45pm
post #5 of 6

Atlanta is an easy drive from Charlotte. Check out Nicholas Lodge's classes - they are wonderful and very reasonably priced. Just Google International Sugar Art Collection or Nicholas Lodge.

grandmomof1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
grandmomof1 Posted 25 Aug 2012 , 9:58pm
post #6 of 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by ibmoser

Atlanta is an easy drive from Charlotte. Check out Nicholas Lodge's classes - they are wonderful and very reasonably priced. Just Google International Sugar Art Collection or Nicholas Lodge.

I was in Nicholas Lodge's class at the ICES convention in Charlotte last year. He has to be one of the best teachers I have seen. He does not mess around. He is straight to the point, but he demonstrates in a way that is clear to understand. I hope to get to Norcross myself and take a few more classes from him.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%