Fondant Colour Advice- Need Quick Answer Please!

Decorating By ap77 Updated 16 Aug 2012 , 4:09pm by BarbaraM0809

ap77 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ap77 Posted 15 Aug 2012 , 12:11pm
post #1 of 7

I am attempting to make this cake (and I'm not a professional!).
Does anyone know what wilton colours I would need in order to get these colours of fondant (the pink & green). Thankyou!

I will be trying marshmallow fondant.
LL

6 replies
nhbaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nhbaker Posted 15 Aug 2012 , 12:25pm
post #2 of 7

I would use Rose and Leaf Green, start by adding a little and then more to achieve the color you like. Just remember to stop when it's a shade or two lighter than you're going for as it will darken as it sits.

kianson Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kianson Posted 15 Aug 2012 , 12:29pm
post #3 of 7

Agree.... Pink rose and leaf green

kazita Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kazita Posted 15 Aug 2012 , 12:55pm
post #4 of 7

Yep i agree also rose and leaf green
Happy baking

ap77 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ap77 Posted 15 Aug 2012 , 12:58pm
post #5 of 7

Great! I will try those colours. Do you think the ladybug on the top looks like a darker shade of pink than the base layer?

Also, the marshmallow fondant recipe that I found says to make it the day before then put in the fridge overnight before rolling it out. Can I do this? I heard that fondant gets condensation if it goes in the fridge.

nhbaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nhbaker Posted 15 Aug 2012 , 5:35pm
post #6 of 7

I don't see the need for putting in the fridge. (plus I would think it would make it too hard to roll unless you let is sit out a room temp before hand so what's the point?) It should be fine left tightly wrapped in a cool, dry place. - I've always done that with any homemade mmf that I've done.

-- Oh, and from the pic it looks like the lady bug is the same color but darkening it up a bit would look nice too.

Happy caking!

BarbaraM0809 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BarbaraM0809 Posted 16 Aug 2012 , 4:09pm
post #7 of 7

Make sure you go easy on the rose pink it can quickly go from rose pink to Pepto Bismal pink! lol icon_lol.gif

But cute cake idea good luck I bet it's gonna be awesome!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%