What Technique Is Used Here?

Decorating By kendra_83 Updated 11 Aug 2012 , 10:46pm by josefina20

kendra_83 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kendra_83 Posted 11 Aug 2012 , 7:39pm
post #1 of 3

I have a bride who wants a cake similar to this for her wedding. I'm wondering if anyone has any info on what technique is used to get the texture. Is it an impression mat? Sugarveil? Piping? I'm stumped and definitely new at this so any tips would be appreciated. Also, what type of flower?

2 replies
kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 11 Aug 2012 , 10:03pm
post #2 of 3

I'd say that's an impression mat. Sure don't think it's piping!

josefina20 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
josefina20 Posted 11 Aug 2012 , 10:46pm
post #3 of 3

It looks like hand made impression marks to the fondant. If you rolled the fondant on a piece of foil paper that had been wrinkle, i think you will be able to get this look.
The flower look like Peony to me.
icon_confused.gif well that is what it look like to me.

Quote by @%username% on %date%