Is It Just Me?..........

Decorating By Leauna Updated 10 Aug 2012 , 11:40pm by costumeczar

Leauna Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Leauna Posted 8 Aug 2012 , 9:42pm
post #1 of 10

Or does anyone else cringe when you watch youtube videos on cake decorating techniques and they lick frosting off their fingers and touch the decorating tip or the cake? icon_eek.gif I know some of these are just for show, but still; It makes me wonder what they do when they aren't making a video and doing a cake for a client.

9 replies
cakeyouverymuch Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakeyouverymuch Posted 8 Aug 2012 , 9:59pm
post #2 of 10

That and scratching their faces then touching the cake. Eeeeewwwwww!

jgifford Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jgifford Posted 10 Aug 2012 , 12:17am
post #3 of 10

Or flipping their long hair back over their shoulders in the middle of putting fondant on a cake. thumbsdown.gif

costumeczar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
costumeczar Posted 10 Aug 2012 , 1:27am
post #4 of 10

I once worked with a guy who said he'd trained with a chef who would pipe pipe pipe, lick the tip, pipe pipe pipe, lick the tip, etc etc. People are not clean.

milkmaid42 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
milkmaid42 Posted 10 Aug 2012 , 1:32am
post #5 of 10

Oh, that makes my stomach retch! Sometimes I just don't want to know what assuredly happens--more often than I suspect.

Jan

Goreti Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Goreti Posted 10 Aug 2012 , 1:39am
post #6 of 10

Eeewwww--I already had issues going to eat in restaurants. Now I won't eat anyone else's cakes either. Yuck. lol

Baker_Rose Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Baker_Rose Posted 10 Aug 2012 , 11:48am
post #7 of 10

Many years ago, like more than 25, I was sitting in drive through of a local ice cream/hamburger chain restaurant. I had just ordered my chocolate ice cream cone with chocolate sprinkles and was waiting in line.

The back door was propped open and the owner's daughter was sitting on a bucket stack piping on ice cream cakes. Pipe, pipe, suck icing out of the bag, pipe, pipe, suck icing out of the bag.

Needless to say I was mortified, and that was the last purchase that I made from that restaurant. They are still in business and have a not so stellar reputation in town.

EEEeeeeewwwwwwww.

ibeeflower Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ibeeflower Posted 10 Aug 2012 , 5:31pm
post #8 of 10

All these are definitely gross. I saw a YouTube video of how to pipe frosting recently but they were all wearing chef's uniforms, and were all gloved up. That looked nice.

kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 10 Aug 2012 , 10:03pm
post #9 of 10

Some people just have NO manners! icon_sad.gif
I can't believe people would actually film/record themselves doing such horrible habits.
When I was teaching that was thing I always stressed and if I ever saw anyone putting their fingers or the tip in their mouth I would loudly say something embarressing to them for sure.

costumeczar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
costumeczar Posted 10 Aug 2012 , 11:40pm
post #10 of 10

I was teaching a bunch of 4th grade girls how to do basic decorating once, and they all refused to stop licking the icing. So the following week I poured an entire container of salt into the icing and told them to go ahead and taste it. They shrieked and monaed, but they were amazingly able to get through the class without licking anything. I told them that it proved they could do it, so they needed to quit whining and behave in a sanitary manner...

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%