Did You Attend A Bridal Show?

Business By majormichel Updated 14 Sep 2012 , 9:07am by AlexandreJessica

majormichel Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
majormichel Posted 7 Aug 2012 , 8:38pm
post #1 of 5

Just wondering, who all attended bridal shows and your experience? Please share your stories and pictures. I am getting ready for a bridal show and I am pretty nervous.

My plan are to display 4 decorated cakes, 2 bouquet of handcrafted flowers in vases and handcrafted bride and groom displayed on a 6" cake. Oh, can't forget the mini cupcake samples.

4 replies
cai0311 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cai0311 Posted 7 Aug 2012 , 10:49pm
post #2 of 5

I did not attend a show when I was planning my wedding, I do now as a vendor.

My suggestions is make dummy cakes that really pop with color and design.

Also, don't just offer white cake and chocolate cake. Offer samples that stand out from the other bakeries. My last show I offered champagne cake with strawberry buttercream, pumpkin cake with buttercream and chocolate cake with mint buttercream. I had brides coming up to me saying "I heard people talking about your flavors and had to come try".

Occther Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Occther Posted 7 Aug 2012 , 11:12pm
post #3 of 5

Definitely make dummy cakes - not real ones. You can always clean off the decorations later and redecorate the dummies. Also, check with the venue about sample policies. I like the idea of purchasing small disposable cups with lids (like what take out places put salad dressing in) with the flavor and your company name on it. I also like cai0311 suggestions of giving out unique flavors.

majormichel Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
majormichel Posted 9 Aug 2012 , 2:37pm
post #4 of 5

Cai0311 and Occther, thanks for the feedback.

AlexandreJessica Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AlexandreJessica Posted 14 Sep 2012 , 9:07am
post #5 of 5

I have attended a wedding bridal show in Toronto. It gave me a wonderful experience to get a lot of wedding ideas. It had hundreds of vendor stalls including the wedding cards, gowns, apparels and lot more. I cant say that all the bridal shows will be effective. The effectiveness you receive purely depends on your selection for it. Anyhow, I made a right choice last time and found really creative.
For more details, browse through http://www.lastbridestanding.com/

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%