Large Go-Kart Cake

Decorating By emma_123 Updated 8 Aug 2012 , 2:39pm by emma_123

emma_123 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
emma_123 Posted 7 Aug 2012 , 10:11am
post #1 of 4

Hello

I've been asked to make a go-kart cake like the one I made at the start of the year, the only difference being the size - the one I made before (which should be in my pictures) was made from a 7 inch cake and this time they need enough to feed around 30 people so it'll need to be much bigger. My worry is as the cake isn't very tall it's going to have to be massive to get enough servings. I've been wondering whether to do some of the cake as a track and then have the go-kart on the top but wasn't sure if anybody had made a go-kart cake big enough to feed 30 people?

Thank you!

3 replies
chocolatefudgecakefan Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
chocolatefudgecakefan Posted 7 Aug 2012 , 10:49am
post #2 of 4

Another alternative is to have a spare cutting cake decorated in the same colours hidden away.

sillywabbitz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sillywabbitz Posted 7 Aug 2012 , 2:22pm
post #3 of 4

Why not put it on a single layer sheet cake? Or possibly do cordinating cupcakes to make up the servings. Scaling the entire go kart might be tough without making a massive cakeicon_smile.gif

emma_123 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
emma_123 Posted 8 Aug 2012 , 2:39pm
post #4 of 4

Thanks for your replies, I have spoken with the lady who ordered it and she's happy for me to do a go-kart on top of a cake as I think it'd end up huge if I tried to make it all out of cake and I think she'd prefer it to be one cake instead of having a cutting cake or something similar. Thanks again x

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%