Cinnamon Roll Cake 2

Decorating By atudor4 Updated 18 Aug 2012 , 2:48am by atudor4

atudor4 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
atudor4 Posted 2 Aug 2012 , 2:08am
post #1 of 3

Ok, I've tried to make this darn cake 2 times!!! 1st time i forgot to put the cinnamon swirl in the batter and just ended up with a wasc cake (which was tasty). 2nd time I remembered the swirl but it caramelized to the bottom of the pan and half my cake stayed in the pan when I flipped if onto the cooling rack. I'm so fed up!!! icon_mad.gificon_mad.gificon_mad.gif

2 replies
cakegrandma Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakegrandma Posted 5 Aug 2012 , 8:10pm
post #2 of 3

Sorry you are having such an awful time with you cake. Try lining you pan with parchment paper and spraying the paper and sides down well and the cake won't stick to the pan. Try baking it at 325 degrees also, this might help stop the caramelizing on the bottom. I take cinnamon and sugar to swirl into the cake as it is in the pan, however, I don't over do it as I have already added cinnamon to my batter. HTH

atudor4 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
atudor4 Posted 18 Aug 2012 , 2:48am
post #3 of 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by cakegrandma

Sorry you are having such an awful time with you cake. Try lining you pan with parchment paper and spraying the paper and sides down well and the cake won't stick to the pan. Try baking it at 325 degrees also, this might help stop the caramelizing on the bottom. I take cinnamon and sugar to swirl into the cake as it is in the pan, however, I don't over do it as I have already added cinnamon to my batter. HTH

Thanks for the tip. I will try decreasing the temp (my oven is wonky anyway. need to buy a new one) I really appreciate the help icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%