Give Up!

Decorating By sweettreats36 Updated 23 Jul 2012 , 12:40am by CWR41

sweettreats36 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweettreats36 Posted 22 Jul 2012 , 11:27pm
post #1 of 3

Thinking of giving up! I did two cakes, one for Saturday and one for monday. I made nothing off these cakes They were for my daughters friend so tried to give her a discount since she was ordering two cakes. The first cake was for a baby shower. She came six hrs late to pick it up and then complained about the details which I took care of in front of her. The next one was for a 21st birthday. SHE NEVER CAME TO PICK UP! When my daughter saw her and asked what happened? her response was " oh she made it"? I lost so much money on these cakes. I already don't know what to charge as it is. I feel that I cheat by using box mix. I love making cakes but this is not the first time this has happened. I will post pictures of the cakes once I calm down and firgure out how to resize my pictures. I would really appreciate any help with pricing cakes and suggestions as to how to handle this. I found myself when I give cheap prices I scimp on my work because I try to make it under the price they wanted to spend. Doing that I insult myself because it does not come out being the work I know I can do. I mean I still have a very long way to go but I do notice the difference. icon_cry.gif

2 replies
KoryAK Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KoryAK Posted 23 Jul 2012 , 12:38am
post #2 of 3

Regardless of what price you agree to (and it sounds like it does need to be higher. Try writing it all down [per serving, per hour, whatever] then you can reference that chart instead of making it up on the spot each time) you absolutely, positively need to get at least partial payment so you know it is a REAL order before you start it.

CWR41 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CWR41 Posted 23 Jul 2012 , 12:40am
post #3 of 3

You need a contract that spells out what happens when they're late to pick up their order, and you need to collect the money IN FULL before turning on your oven.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%