Duh Moments

Decorating By vgcea Updated 22 Jul 2012 , 6:17pm by costumeczar

vgcea Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
vgcea Posted 21 Jul 2012 , 7:08am
post #1 of 6

I just had a 'duh' moment. I found out that baking soda is good for about 2 years if stored covered in a cool dry place, while some even suggest it has an indefinite shelf life. This baker has been faithfully chucking the box of baking soda every 30 days. In my defense though, sometimes I just put it in the fridge to suck up odors for a couple of weeks before I trash it.

So have you had any 'duh' moments that made you want to slap your forehead?

5 replies
costumeczar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
costumeczar Posted 21 Jul 2012 , 10:36pm
post #2 of 6
vgcea Posted 22 Jul 2012 , 2:00am
post #3 of 6

LOL! Costumeczar I love your blog!
P.S. I call them cake truffles icon_redface.gif Hey I figured since I use real chocolate rather than imitation chocolate they deserve to be differentiated... and fancy icon_lol.gif

costumeczar Posted 22 Jul 2012 , 2:40am
post #4 of 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by vgcea

P.S. I call them cake truffles icon_redface.gif Hey I figured since I use real chocolate rather than imitation chocolate they deserve to be differentiated... and fancy icon_lol.gif

Oh. #!%^% no! If I bit into what I thought was a truffle and it was cake inside I would go ballistic! icon_evil.gif watch out!

vgcea Posted 22 Jul 2012 , 3:56am
post #5 of 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by costumeczar

Quote:

Oh. #!%^% no! If I bit into what I thought was a truffle and it was cake inside I would go ballistic! icon_evil.gif watch out!

icon_sad.gif Well no cake truffle for you then! *stalking off to make some more truffle-less cake truffles*

costumeczar Posted 22 Jul 2012 , 6:17pm
post #6 of 6
Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by costumeczar

Quote:

icon_sad.gif Well no cake truffle for you then! *stalking off to make some more truffle-less cake truffles*

Hahaha! You have to look at it as there's more for you if I don't want them.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%