Wasc Cake

Baking By Mel53 Updated 17 Jul 2012 , 9:56am by luchianghui88

Mel53 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mel53 Posted 15 Jul 2012 , 4:44pm
post #1 of 5

Hi,

I love the WASC cakes, and often use the box version, under fondant. this cake. I have a wedding cake request for a white cake, but how do you get a true "white" cake? When I use whole eggs, it changes the color slightly.

Thank you!

4 replies
sberryp Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sberryp Posted 15 Jul 2012 , 5:21pm
post #2 of 5

When I make WASC even with whole egg it looks white. You can easily just egg whites and clear flavorings. HTH

kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 15 Jul 2012 , 10:03pm
post #3 of 5

I have never had any bride complain about the cake not being 'white enough' in all the yrs I used that recipe.

You could cut down slightly on the # of yolks used but don't eliminate them totally. Using my *original* recipe it takes 4 eggs, use 2 or 3 yolks instead of all 4. The recipe does not use any vanilla so that won't help.

I always used an icing recipe that was 1/2 butter & 1/2 shortening, along w/'regular' (brown) vanilla. I always showed the bride what the cake & icing looked like (at tastings they got the exact cake & icing used) so they knew what to expect.......Oh! there was one time - an outdoor wedding where the rented linens were sooooooo *blue* white that the cake (icing) did look cream colored - not white - but that was the ONLY time.

Mel53 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mel53 Posted 16 Jul 2012 , 1:16am
post #4 of 5

Thanks everyone. I'll use clear vanilla and the required eggs.

luchianghui88 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
luchianghui88 Posted 17 Jul 2012 , 9:56am
post #5 of 5

I always showed the bride what the cake & icing looked like (at tastings they got the exact cake & icing used) so they knew what to expect...Image

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%