Help Please

Decorating By tru71 Updated 14 Jul 2012 , 8:14am by tru71

tru71 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tru71 Posted 12 Jul 2012 , 10:28am
post #1 of 5

hi all, , i was jus wondering could any one help me ? i am very new to cake decorating and i do love it but i have looked online and i really want to challenge myself by doing a sports car icon_lol.gif so im hoping you lovely peeps out there could point me in the right direction ? how many cakes do i need ? what size cakes ? and what is the best cake to carve and sorry to be a pain but would a banana cake be any good to carve? i have a mud cake and madiera receipe and have been using them to make just basic cakes but would love to bring it up another level icon_biggrin.gif so any help would be great and thanks to you all for reading this and sorry bit was soooo long winded thaks again trudi xx

4 replies
BakingIrene Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BakingIrene Posted 12 Jul 2012 , 1:51pm
post #2 of 5

The very best way for you to learn is to bake all three kinds of cake that you listed in loaf pans, and carve the sports car out of that size.

Do this one kind of cake at a time. Chill it overnight before carving.

tru71 Posted 13 Jul 2012 , 1:30pm
post #3 of 5

baking irene thanks for your help, i will try that , u know the loaf pan is a 8x4 ok ?
thanks again
tru

Jennifer353 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jennifer353 Posted 13 Jul 2012 , 2:05pm
post #4 of 5

Tru,
Any size will be ok. Before you start carving, work out the scale of your car and carve appropriately. (I carved a car from a 2" long block of marzipan!)
The bigger the cake the more detail you will be able to put but even with a small cake you will be able to put lots.

Good luck!

tru71 Posted 14 Jul 2012 , 8:14am
post #5 of 5

wow thats amazing jennifer 353 thank you so much for your reply ,, really hope i can do it , thanks again tru icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%