Make Or Find A 30" Baseboard??!?

Decorating By Chef_Stef Updated 7 Jul 2012 , 6:40pm by Chef_Stef

Chef_Stef Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Chef_Stef Posted 7 Jul 2012 , 6:20pm
post #1 of 4

Need a 30" black baseboard for a cake on 7/28, 7 or 8 tiers, about half dummies.

Plywood comes to mind of course, but I'd rather find a good poly board supplier like Logicpic, who I think are gone now. And I'm not wild about using plywood and trying to cover it for this cake; it's going to be *the* cake of my life, so far... icon_smile.gif

Anyone have a good source for something this big?

3 replies
BakingIrene Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BakingIrene Posted 7 Jul 2012 , 6:24pm
post #2 of 4

Use Google or your local yellow pages under "industrial plastics" for a supplier of plastics.

Call them and ask if they have scrap pieces which are 3/8"-1/2" thick. Go and check them out because you may come away with a real steal of a deal. They may also sell black acrylic which looks like black glass...very cool

That base can then be covered with fabric, fondant, you name it...and will be solid enough to hold this cake.

kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 7 Jul 2012 , 6:28pm
post #3 of 4

Word of caustion: have you measured *all* doorways, halls, transportation etc where you will have to carry this? Make sure it will fit through them w/o turning the board!

Chef_Stef Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Chef_Stef Posted 7 Jul 2012 , 6:40pm
post #4 of 4

Thanks, I will try local plastics... duh, never thought of that.

Kakeladi yes, I thought of that... I have to have my dh help carry this whopper base through doors etc. This one's going in several pieces, but still have to realllly double check the door sizes anyway. what a predicament that would be!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%