Giant Cupcake For Man

Decorating By candyladies Updated 21 Jun 2012 , 3:36am by kimbm04r

candyladies Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
candyladies Posted 18 Jun 2012 , 10:24pm
post #1 of 10

I have had this pan for over a year and never used it. would like to make one for my male boss. Any ideas, pictures would be even better, on how to decorate to make it look masculine. thanks. Can I fill it and when I put it in a box will it move?

9 replies
funtodecorate2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
funtodecorate2 Posted 18 Jun 2012 , 11:05pm
post #2 of 10

Hi,

Well what comes to mind are some questions
Is your boss a gardener? How about some gumpaste or fondant garden tools on cupcake
does he have a mustache? gumpaste mustaches in different shapes ( could be find of funny)
Any kind of hobby you know of?

I've only made two. They are in my photos
I made a chocolate base for them that the cake sat in. I filled them with buttercream. I was told to not fill too much because the cake part would be high because of the filling and make it less stable

hope some of this helps .
icon_smile.gif

candyladies Posted 19 Jun 2012 , 11:40am
post #3 of 10

he's just an officer in a Bank....there are hundreds of them here! Family man, private. Boring. (hahahaha)
When you make a chocolate shell to set your cupcake in how do you cut it?

BakingIrene Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BakingIrene Posted 19 Jun 2012 , 12:28pm
post #4 of 10

If you can use graphic software to design some obviously fake money in huge denominations (for the US it might be million dollar bills with Hilary Clinton's face) then you can have it printed onto edible sheets. Cut them up and scatter over the top. That will amuse a bank employee.

jawalk Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jawalk Posted 19 Jun 2012 , 1:12pm
post #5 of 10

Make the bottom look like a basket (using the basket weave) and put the money all over the top. Looks like a bushel basket of money.

funtodecorate2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
funtodecorate2 Posted 19 Jun 2012 , 2:38pm
post #6 of 10

I actually didnt' eat these. I gave them for a raffle at church. But I was told to run your knife under hot water, wipe dry and it will cut the chocolate.
They we very easy to make . Very impressive and fun. They have a tutorial on here.

post pics
Wendy icon_smile.gif

candyladies Posted 19 Jun 2012 , 4:05pm
post #7 of 10

thanks for the great idea(s)...will give it a gol

Apti Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Apti Posted 19 Jun 2012 , 4:12pm
post #8 of 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by jawalk

Make the bottom look like a basket (using the basket weave) and put the money all over the top. Looks like a bushel basket of money.

Wow! What a great idea!

BakingIrene Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BakingIrene Posted 19 Jun 2012 , 8:20pm
post #9 of 10

It now occurs to me that some of the funny money should have the birthday person's photo and the denomination should be "one billion laffs" or something similar.

kimbm04r Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kimbm04r Posted 21 Jun 2012 , 3:36am
post #10 of 10

You could also have half of one of the "bills" coming out of the top of the cake to look like a "piggy" bank and the other bills scattered around.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%