??cupcake Liners That Maintain Color After Baking??

Baking By Lynne3 Updated 30 May 2012 , 4:04pm by sillywabbitz

Lynne3 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lynne3 Posted 21 May 2012 , 6:07pm
post #1 of 14

PLEASE let me know if you have come across cupcake liners that do not fade when baked. I do a lot of cupcake towers and have never found a liner that is bright and crisp.
There are many wrappers out there, but that's a nuisance and doesn't really work well when people "Grab" a cupcake. Also, they are usually too tall and are meant for the cupcake to sit "inside" the wrapper.

13 replies
coleslawcat Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
coleslawcat Posted 21 May 2012 , 7:59pm
post #2 of 14

Cupcake Creations Baking Cups are great, they never fade or get greasy. The Reynolds Staybrite baking cups work well too. You can buy the Cupcake Creations cups at Hobby Lobby or online and I've seen the Reynolds Staybrite at most grocery stores.

sillywabbitz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sillywabbitz Posted 22 May 2012 , 12:38am
post #3 of 14

You want ones that say grease proof or are foil based. If there is a lot of white in the pattern and you make chocolate cupcakes even the grease proof aren't great. I actually just did a blog post about this (see signature) because a woman is developing a new line of cupcake liners that truly hold their pattern. There are pic comparisons and a link to her site. She's called Sweets and Treat Boutique.

2girlsmomma Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
2girlsmomma Posted 22 May 2012 , 8:51pm
post #4 of 14

I tried the cupcake creations brand and they did stay bright. However, half of the liners pulled away from the cupcakes. From reviews I read(after the fact) really moist recipes will do that. Wilton also has a line of "stay bright" that I saw today at Joann.

IFancyCake83 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
IFancyCake83 Posted 29 May 2012 , 7:26pm
post #5 of 14

Just recently I found the Reynold's Staybrite cupcake liners in our local Pathmark- they are awesome!

coleslawcat Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
coleslawcat Posted 29 May 2012 , 8:38pm
post #6 of 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2girlsmomma

I tried the cupcake creations brand and they did stay bright. However, half of the liners pulled away from the cupcakes. From reviews I read(after the fact) really moist recipes will do that. Wilton also has a line of "stay bright" that I saw today at Joann.

I use them all the time and haven't noticed them ever pulling away. I was having the pulling away problem for awhile, but ever since I started removing my cupcakes from the pan immediately after taking them out of the oven I haven't had this problem with any liners.

VCVCCupcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
VCVCCupcakes Posted 30 May 2012 , 12:43am
post #7 of 14

I highly recommend Sutton Gourmet liners. I have never ever had them pull or stain. I buy them in bulk!

sillywabbitz Posted 30 May 2012 , 12:49am
post #8 of 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by VCVCCupcakes

I highly recommend Sutton Gourmet liners. I have never ever had them pull or stain. I buy them in bulk!

I haven't seen these. Where do you buy them?

VCVCCupcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
VCVCCupcakes Posted 30 May 2012 , 1:01am
post #9 of 14

http://www.suttongourmetpaper.com/

If you look at my facebook for VCVC Cupcakes you can see them all there too. It is all I use.

southerncross Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
southerncross Posted 30 May 2012 , 2:28am
post #10 of 14

this probably won't help much, but I bought cupcake liners from Big Lots recently (32 for $3). They are called Bak'rs Cupz and are made in Sweden, packed in the USA and distributed by a company called Windsor Oaks out of Boca Raton, Florida. They claim that no pan is needed but don't you believe it. The upside is that they come in cool patterns (I bought black and white and polka dots). Best yet, the colors stay sharp and clear after baking, the are grease proof (really) and keep their shape without pulling from the cupcake. They stay perfect even if you freeze the cupcakes. They are FDA and European safety standards approved I use them on cupcake trees and never have had any problems with them at all....I love them.
Trouble is I can't find any reference to them on the web and I'm sure when Big Lot's sells out, I won't have another source.

sillywabbitz Posted 30 May 2012 , 2:45am
post #11 of 14

So it looks like the good pattern liners are running about 10 cents each where my plain white and brown (good quality liners) are normally only 3 cents each. But if they're worth it they're worth it. I will keep an eye out at Big Lots as well.

sweetcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetcakes Posted 30 May 2012 , 4:05am
post #12 of 14

Wilton has also come out with some cupcake papers that are double lined and will keep their pattern.

LacyHogan Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LacyHogan Posted 30 May 2012 , 3:55pm
post #13 of 14

I have bought Sutton gourmet and they were good but they have been out of stock for over a year!! I don't know what is going on over there but they are not available any more except for maybe one pattern. They also went up to $5 for a 50 count pack too which is ridiculous.

I have started buying from Sweets & Treats Boutique which is a designer/creator of greaseproof cupcake liners and they work great. They sell retail and bulk wholesale packages of their liners. I have tried their black zebra and black checkered ones and they do not fade at all. The white stayed visible and i baked with chocolate chip cupcakes. I follow them on Facebook and they just posted pictures of their new designs that will be arriving in a few weeks. One of them is CHEVRON!!! I have not seen any chevron print baking cups and I am so excited. I would try them out because i have found that most greaseproof baking cups still fade so maybe they are made from light weight paper? I don't know... This is the only company I have found that does not fade with chocolate cake. Good luck!!

sillywabbitz Posted 30 May 2012 , 4:04pm
post #14 of 14

I love the Sweet Treats liners too. I'm going to have to go find her on facebook nowicon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%