Pm Ingored

Lounge By sunlover00 Updated 9 Jun 2012 , 1:41am by costumeczar

sunlover00 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sunlover00 Posted 11 May 2012 , 10:55pm
post #1 of 21

Don't you just hate it when you PM someone and they never respond?! icon_sad.gificon_cry.gificon_evil.gificon_mad.gif

20 replies
sillywabbitz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sillywabbitz Posted 11 May 2012 , 11:10pm
post #2 of 21

Don't blame the person you PMd automatically. CC hasn't sent me PM notifications in the last couple of months. And I don't log into CC everyday and when I do I'm often on my phone and it doesn't show the little MSG icon. It is possible someone is intentionally not replying but they may also not know they have a message waiting.

CWR41 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CWR41 Posted 12 May 2012 , 12:22am
post #3 of 21

Check your Outbox... if it's there, they haven't seen it yet.
If it's in your Sent box, they've already opened it.

ReneeFLL Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ReneeFLL Posted 12 May 2012 , 1:39am
post #4 of 21

Personally I think it is just rude for someone not to answer a pm, especially if it only requires a yes or no or some other short answer. How hard can that be?

CWR41 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CWR41 Posted 12 May 2012 , 1:43am
post #5 of 21

Personally, I prefer they ask the question publicly so that when they never thank you for your answer, then everyone gets to see how rude they are.

Elcee Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Elcee Posted 12 May 2012 , 1:54am
post #6 of 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by CWR41

Personally, I prefer they ask the question publicly so that when they never thank you for your answer, then everyone gets to see how rude they are.

Agreed. If I've taken the time to answer someones's question, publicly or privately, and I don't get a thank you, I don't repond to that person again.

ReneeFLL Posted 12 May 2012 , 2:37am
post #7 of 21
Quote:

That's a good way to do it. I will have to keep that in mind. Maybe I should just go back to the thread and ask publicly to see if I get an answer! icon_biggrin.gif

FromScratchSF Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
FromScratchSF Posted 12 May 2012 , 3:50am
post #8 of 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elcee

Quote:

Agreed. If I've taken the time to answer someones's question, publicly or privately, and I don't get a thank you, I don't repond to that person again.

Amen! I used to answer PMs all the time, posters I've never seen before asking me all kinds of questions - I answer then never hear from them again. You know? If I just gave you practically my entire business plan via CC PM? A THANK YOU would be an appropriate response!

scp1127 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
scp1127 Posted 12 May 2012 , 8:36am
post #9 of 21

A few months ago, I actually didn't receive some pm's. Some of us were checking and we weren't getting them. This hasn't seemed to happen lately.

I answer every pm. Sometimes whe I get bombarded, I may miss one because of just going down the line sending the same pm answer. If this ever happens, just pm me again, because it wasn't intentional.

de_montsoreau Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
de_montsoreau Posted 12 May 2012 , 9:14am
post #10 of 21

I would say it depends on the topic and tone of a PM. If someone I had no contact with before would PM me in the style sometimes seen as cake comments ("Great cake! Send me a tutorial!") I would not bother to answer.

sunlover00 Posted 21 May 2012 , 8:18pm
post #11 of 21

All good thoughts. I still never got a response. I know that some people probably get bombarded, like if you won a cake contest, but a simple cut/paste or forward from answering the question before would be great. icon_sad.gif

Either way, the cake I had a question on is now over - and it was an epic fail, so some advice would've been great.

I hope the PM feature goes back to notifying us via email when we have a message. That may be the only way I would get mine also.

I had even clicked for notification on replies to THIS post and never got one!

Price Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Price Posted 21 May 2012 , 10:55pm
post #12 of 21

I always try to respond to a PM, but when I get a message asking me to send instructions for one of my cakes and the person has never posted in the forums and has no pictures in their gallery I'm hesitant to answer.

Elcee Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Elcee Posted 22 May 2012 , 3:01am
post #13 of 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by sunlover00

Either way, the cake I had a question on is now over - and it was an epic fail, so some advice would've been great.

Oh, that stinks. Did you ask your question here in the forums? It may be the better choice if you need timely advice.

TexasSugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TexasSugar Posted 22 May 2012 , 3:55pm
post #14 of 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elcee

Did you ask your question here in the forums? It may be the better choice if you need timely advice.

I agree with this.

Annie70 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Annie70 Posted 22 May 2012 , 4:04pm
post #15 of 21

I might be one of those that don't send a Thank you every time. But I always say thanks in my orginal email before it goes out at the end. I thought I was just bothering them with another email. So I will always send a thank you emaiul...sorry if offended anyone!!

sunlover00 Posted 22 May 2012 , 8:31pm
post #16 of 21

Getting them to read it....that's the first step! icon_wink.gif

Maybe someday.....

I'm very mindful to thank the person who answers me. It's just the right thing to do. icon_surprised.gif) Even if it's later.

Happy baking...I'm headed into the kitchen to make a 3D tractor! thumbs_up.gif

AnnieCahill Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AnnieCahill Posted 23 May 2012 , 1:27pm
post #17 of 21

Good grief, don't assume that because no one responds to a thread or PM that they are being rude. For people who post frequently, like myself, it can be difficult to keep track of every single topic, especially when the site is wonky and doesn't send out notices that a topic has been updated. Some of us do have other lives outside of CC.

ReneeFLL Posted 23 May 2012 , 8:18pm
post #18 of 21

I wonder if there is a way to disable their pm so that others cant send them any. This would work for people who have to busy of a life to answer their pms.

sunlover00 Posted 25 May 2012 , 3:48pm
post #19 of 21

Annie - hiss. Geez. Just made a simple comment about a pet peeve of mine...not a condemnation of society. Simmer down. thumbs_up.gif This is a site to ask for help if you need it.

AnnieCahill Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AnnieCahill Posted 25 May 2012 , 9:16pm
post #20 of 21

I'm aware this is a site to ask for help-not complain when you don't get what you want or assume that people are being rude when they don't reply. My comment wasn't directed at you anyway. icon_smile.gif

I have sent PMs to people who never reply, and they are active members. No big deal. I realize people have other things going on. And I always respond when someone PMs me.

costumeczar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
costumeczar Posted 9 Jun 2012 , 1:41am
post #21 of 21

I try to answer everything, but when someone sends me a question like "I want to make the pirate ship cake on your website, please send me detailed instructions about how you did it." I really feel no need to do that. I'll write back and say no, possibly. And yes, that's an actual request that I got.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%