Commercial Mixer

Business By underthesun Updated 9 May 2012 , 4:57am by lorieleann

underthesun Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
underthesun Posted 9 May 2012 , 12:22am
post #1 of 2

I own a small bakery, have a large hobart and a 6 Qt kitchenaid. The kitchenaid is mostly used for egg whites, royal icing and a few other small recipes. However, it is used on a daily basis. It really doesn't seem to be made to be used everyday. After one year, it apparently has a short and we have to jiggle the control to get it to turn on. I would call the company, but the paperwork does clearly state "not for commercial use" even though it is called the 6 QT Commercial Mixer by Kitchenaid. I find that funny!

I can't find many reviews on other smaller (6 or 7 Qt) commercial mixers. What are you using? Any recommendations? I need to figure this out quickly....

1 reply
lorieleann Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lorieleann Posted 9 May 2012 , 4:57am
post #2 of 2

If you talk to KA in the commercial customer support, they can give you the exact differences between the NFS commercial mixer and the home use but made to look professional models. Their real NFS mixers have a heavy duty cord, all metal knobs and guards, and stainless 'dishwasher safe' attachments. What is inside their 6 & 7 qt is very similar to the new 6000 Professional that is at costco and motor wise identical to the 7qt at Williams Sonoma. The motor is power differently than the previously issued 6qts in a way that keeps it cooler and provides more power. The rep i talk to when trying to make a decision on what i wanted to purchase was very helpful in explaining the differences (actually a bit too helpful as a bit of it went over my head)

that being said, I do think that the KA mixing rotations can spoil a baker on how well things incorporate. After trying other mixers, i know that when i go to expand to that commercial mixer, that i will be sticking with KA because i like how they perform.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%