A Quick Question About Cakes For Gift Cake Stack...

Decorating By Wildgirl Updated 8 May 2012 , 10:35pm by Wildgirl

Wildgirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Wildgirl Posted 8 May 2012 , 7:15pm
post #1 of 3

Since it's supposed to look like gifts, and most gift boxes aren't necessarily 4" tall, I was thinking of just making at least a couple of the cakes as one cake that is torted, and maybe the rest as 3 layers (consisting of one full torted cake and one layer of another cake that was torted - so it would be like 1.5 baked cakes instead of 2) Does this make any sense? I just picture the boxes being way too huge otherwise - not like elegant gift boxes.... The top little box could be the full 2 regular layers height,.... And for the remainder of the servings I will just make a regular 2 layer sheet cake.
And then I would just figure the serving sizes according to how tall they are. I will be cutting it anyway, so I'll know.

Is this what you would do?

2 replies
jgifford Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jgifford Posted 8 May 2012 , 8:41pm
post #2 of 3

Your cakes are going to be 1.5 layers (torted) instead of 2, correct? The height won't make that much difference in the number of servings, unless you want to cut them a little larger than standard. Most people would be happy with the standard 1" x 2" even if it's only 3 " high.

Since you'll be cutting the cake anyway, you can do it however you want. thumbs_up.gif

Wildgirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Wildgirl Posted 8 May 2012 , 10:35pm
post #3 of 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by jgifford

Since you'll be cutting the cake anyway, you can do it however you want. thumbs_up.gif

Yeah, I guess you're right! lol! I have a lot of sketching & figuring to do now. icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%