Edible Paint Or Markers

Decorating By Sweetkakes13 Updated 4 May 2012 , 2:21am by doramoreno62

Sweetkakes13 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sweetkakes13 Posted 4 May 2012 , 1:23am
post #1 of 4

I am using darker green candy melts to make college pennets for a party and I am trying to write Humboldt on them in yellow since those are the college colors does anyone know where I can find this type of product. The party is in June and I would like to order it and test it out prior to the party.

Thank you so much

3 replies
tokazodo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tokazodo Posted 4 May 2012 , 1:27am
post #2 of 4

I don't know of anything that will write on chocolate.

Vodka and food coloring gels like Americolor, do very well on fondant and gum paste. I use it all the time.
There are also food grade markers that write on fondant and gum paste.

BlakesCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BlakesCakes Posted 4 May 2012 , 2:07am
post #3 of 4

No markers will work on chocolate, especially yellow print on a green ground.

Best to pipe it on using melted yellow chocolate or yellow royal icing.


doramoreno62 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
doramoreno62 Posted 4 May 2012 , 2:21am
post #4 of 4

Or you could try cutting the letters out of a yellow Wilton sugar sheet. If you have a cricut, then that's even better. If this not a feasible idea, I'd go with piping with Royal Iving.

Quote by @%username% on %date%