A Styrofoam Tree?

Decorating By ortansa Updated 18 Apr 2012 , 7:02am by ortansa

ortansa Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ortansa Posted 18 Apr 2012 , 5:18am
post #1 of 4

Hello,
I am an old member but didn't activate too much on the forums.
But now I have to ask you a very important for me question: in July I'll probably have a wedding cupcakes request, but this bride want something more special. She wants a tree where she'll hang the cupcakes. The cupcakes aren't a problem, the problem is: how should I make the tree? She suggested a styrofoam tree ( the trunk is doable) but I don;t know about the branches- can I stick some branches ( in plastic eventually) in the styrofom trunk? Will this damage the styrofoam or will bee strong enough to sustain the cupcakes?

Anyone did a wedding tree like this before?

Thank you very much

3 replies
SRumzis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SRumzis Posted 18 Apr 2012 , 6:40am
post #2 of 4

How many cupcakes will this need to hold? How tall does she want it? What kind of tree does it need to look like?

ortansa Posted 18 Apr 2012 , 6:59am
post #3 of 4

Hi ,

It has to be a simple white tree- trunk and branches only, I didn't find any suitable image . 130-150 cm tall. The bride wants to put this tree on the table , in the place of the wedding cake. The tree will display 40-50 cupcakes- as many as will fit, she needs 300 pieces, but not all of them will be hang on the tree.

Thank you so much SRumzis, this will be my first big wedding[/img]

ortansa Posted 18 Apr 2012 , 7:02am
post #4 of 4

Hi ,

It has to be a simple white tree- trunk and branches only, I didn't find any suitable image . 130-150 cm tall. The bride wants to put this tree on the table , in the place of the wedding cake. The tree will display 40-50 cupcakes- as many as will fit, she needs 300 pieces, but not all of them will be hang on the tree.

Thank you so much SRumzis, this will be my first big wedding[/img]

I found...something like this, with more branches and a larger trunk
http://www.chinaacrylicbeads.com/productDetail.aspx?ProductId=1547

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%