Help!

Decorating By Eaglewoman Updated 15 Apr 2012 , 3:41pm by Eaglewoman

Eaglewoman Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Eaglewoman Posted 14 Apr 2012 , 9:33pm
post #1 of 6

A customer of mine requested a cake for 4/14, a Toy Story cake. Cake finished, I was pleased with the result. Customer called 2 hours before pickup and asked if I had started the cake. UH DUH! She said the party was postponed till 4/21. The cake was completed the night before. Footboard and Headboard are made of Gumpaste. The cake has been picked up, customer is pleased. But I told her she was going to have to freeze the cake, can't let it sit out for 7 days. Problem is the gumpaste is attached! To tear it off would destroy the cake. Is there anything I can tell her to avoid problems when defrosting?
Can't get pic uploaded, keeps telling me it's too big and I don't have the patience right now.

5 replies
msulli10 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
msulli10 Posted 14 Apr 2012 , 9:40pm
post #2 of 6

Maybe she should just keep it in the fridge. It should stay pretty fresh and then she doesn't have to worry about it defrosting into a gooey mess.

Eaglewoman Posted 14 Apr 2012 , 9:47pm
post #3 of 6

Thank you! I will let her know and keep my fingers crossed!

kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 14 Apr 2012 , 9:58pm
post #4 of 6

Unless the cake is very well wrapped in plastic it will dry out in the frig in that amount of time.
If it is in a cake box have her wrap it in a lg plastic bag. Might even help if it could be wrapped in plastic wrap 1st.

Apti Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Apti Posted 14 Apr 2012 , 10:01pm
post #5 of 6

OP~~Read this current thread and scroll down until you come to the post and photos by Rae of Blakes Cakes. She tells you EXACTLY how to wrap, freeze and defrost a fondant cake.

Freezing a wedding cake 2 week in advance?
http://cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&p=7280082&highlight=#7280082

Eaglewoman Posted 15 Apr 2012 , 3:41pm
post #6 of 6

Thank you all! Good info.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%