Need Of A Fluffy Buttercream Recipe

Baking By miasmom82 Updated 4 May 2012 , 1:34pm by Tails

miasmom82 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
miasmom82 Posted 12 Apr 2012 , 2:56pm
post #1 of 11

I have someone who wants to do 3 dozen cupcakes for a wedding. She asked for whipped cream icing for them. I don't want to do it since I don't know if there will be somewhere to keep them cold. So I need a FLUFFY buttercream recipe. Thanks

10 replies
bakingkat Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bakingkat Posted 12 Apr 2012 , 3:04pm
post #2 of 11

I haven't tried it yet, but there is a Fluffy American Buttercream recipe right there --------------------------->

People have been saying good things about it.

carmijok Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
carmijok Posted 12 Apr 2012 , 3:15pm
post #3 of 11

This recipe is from Mrsmudrash here on CC and it is absolutely delicious. It's a good crusting buttercream too and you don't have to refrigerate it--remember that sugar is a preservative.

This holds up very well. Here too is a picture of the cupcakes I made with it: http://cakecentral.com/gallery/2277375/simple-cupcake

Marshmallow, Whipping cream buttercream

1 lb unsalted butter - whip for 10 min on high
1 - 7oz jar of marshmallow cream - whip on high for 5 min
1 lb powdered sugar - whip on high for 5 min
1/4 cup heavy whipping cream - whip on high for 5in
3 Tbsp vanilla - whip until incorporated. (I used less vanilla)
This makes a really light amazing buttercream. You can add more heavy whipping cream (the liquid, not actual whipped cream) if you want, depending upon the consistency you're looking for.

shannycakers Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
shannycakers Posted 12 Apr 2012 , 4:31pm
post #4 of 11

o wow! thank you, i cannot wait to try that recipe. Have you tried it under fondant? Do you think it will hold up?

lyndim Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lyndim Posted 12 Apr 2012 , 4:48pm
post #5 of 11

Miasmom82, I tried the "American fluffy buttercream" and it's great! Lite and fluffy and easy to make.

lyndim Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lyndim Posted 12 Apr 2012 , 4:51pm
post #6 of 11

Carmijok, your recipe looks great, I'm gonna try it soon!

sillywabbitz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sillywabbitz Posted 12 Apr 2012 , 6:30pm
post #7 of 11

I really like this one. It's basically a combination between a meringue and american buttercream.
http://cakecentral.com/recipe/whipped-cream-buttercream-frosting

FlourPots Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
FlourPots Posted 12 Apr 2012 , 7:01pm
post #8 of 11

I have to second the recipe by Mrsmudrash...I LOVE it!!

I have a recipe book that I enter in only stuff that I love...I can't just like it, I have to LOVE it...
Mrsmudrash's bc was added not so long ago.

Here's her awesome blog, by the way http://jessicakesblog.blogspot.com/

kns93 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kns93 Posted 12 Apr 2012 , 8:07pm
post #9 of 11

carmijok,
Thanks for posting this recipe it looks awesome! Do you whip each item separately and then blend together or just start with the butter and continue to add?

Quote:
Originally Posted by carmijok

This recipe is from Mrsmudrash here on CC and it is absolutely delicious. It's a good crusting buttercream too and you don't have to refrigerate it--remember that sugar is a preservative.

This holds up very well. Here too is a picture of the cupcakes I made with it: http://cakecentral.com/gallery/2277375/simple-cupcake

This makes a really light amazing buttercream. You can add more heavy whipping cream (the liquid, not actual whipped cream) if you want, depending upon the consistency you're looking for.

newb2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
newb2 Posted 4 May 2012 , 12:57pm
post #10 of 11

I'd love to know the answer to this question too. tia.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kns93

carmijok,
Thanks for posting this recipe it looks awesome! Do you whip each item separately and then blend together or just start with the butter and continue to add?

Quote:

Tails Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Tails Posted 4 May 2012 , 1:34pm
post #11 of 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by newb2

I'd love to know the answer to this question too. tia.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kns93

carmijok,

Quote:

I would assume you add and whip as you go, as just whipping the powered sugar makes no sense icon_razz.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%