Cookies

Baking By learningtodecorate Updated 12 Apr 2012 , 10:05am by scp1127

learningtodecorate Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
learningtodecorate Posted 12 Apr 2012 , 4:12am
post #1 of 5

I don't mean too bother anyone, but I was wondering if I could make and freeze chocolate chip cookies unbaked (for a little over a week) I want to make them tomorrow but I don't need to bake them until next Friday, but because I have so much too do on Friday of next week (daughters basketball Banquet), I again want to make the dough, wrap, then freeze it until Friday then bake for Saturday will it be okay?

4 replies
CWR41 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CWR41 Posted 12 Apr 2012 , 5:05am
post #2 of 5

Wholesale bakeries ship frozen dough products all the time.

Tails Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Tails Posted 12 Apr 2012 , 6:33am
post #3 of 5

Afaik you can freeze dough, and just let it come to room temp on its own (dont defrost in microwave). Good luck!

leah_s Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leah_s Posted 12 Apr 2012 , 8:56am
post #4 of 5

You can also bake the cookies and then freeze. Thaw and serve. I do it all the time for my Dessert truck.

scp1127 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
scp1127 Posted 12 Apr 2012 , 10:05am
post #5 of 5

I do freeze my chocolate chip cookie dough overnight and I'm sure it will last longer.

Here's what I do:

I make the dough, let it rest in the refrigerator overnight (always). Then I use whatever size scoop I need for the desired size and scoop the cold dough onto wax paper. I freeze the tray for about 1/2 hour and then put them in a freezer bag. When I need to bake, I put them on parchment the correct amount apart from each other, thaw them completely but still cold, and then bake as usual.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%