Black Icing Running Onto The White Buttercream?

Decorating By CElrod Updated 16 Apr 2012 , 10:53am by Marianna46

CElrod Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CElrod Posted 11 Apr 2012 , 4:40pm
post #1 of 2

I am making a white 3 tiered wedding cake for Friday which has to be delivered to the Country Club on Thursday. My plan was to bake, ice and pipe the cakes today so tomorrow all that I would need to do would be insert the plastic dowels, transport the cake, stack it and pipe the border at the Country Club... I got to thinking... would the black buttercream run onto the white buttercream? It will be stored in the Country Clubs cooler until Friday. Two of the tiers will have black dots, and one will have black scroll work. Thanks!

1 reply
Marianna46 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Marianna46 Posted 16 Apr 2012 , 10:53am
post #2 of 2

I'm sorry I didn't see this post until it was too late. There shouldn't be a problem with the black icing running into the white in just two days. The only problem might be when it's removed from the cooler - the condensation that forms then might make it run a little, especially if it was kept at a really low temperature. After several days, colored icing can stain white, but it usually doesn't happen all that fast. I´m sure you know the answer to this question by now anyway. How did it go? I hope it was a rip-roaring success.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%