Making These Arrows?

Decorating By fcakes Updated 23 Mar 2012 , 4:07am by fcakes

fcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
fcakes Posted 23 Mar 2012 , 1:21am
post #1 of 5

Hi!

I wanted to make these cupcakes for my daughter's school party but can't figure out how to do the arrows for the recycling logo. I don't think it will be as neat if I just pipe it and cutting it freehand out of fondant might make them uneven?

Is there a cutter or any other suggestion please? Thank you!!

4 replies
icer101 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
icer101 Posted 23 Mar 2012 , 1:30am
post #2 of 5

I would definetly cut them freehanded, let them set up a little and then move to the cupcake. Somebody else might have cutters.

MadMillie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MadMillie Posted 23 Mar 2012 , 1:59am
post #3 of 5

It looks like an arrow they have folded over. I would print out an arrow from clip art in microsoft word and use that as a stencil to cut.

FlourPots Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
FlourPots Posted 23 Mar 2012 , 2:18am
post #4 of 5

You don't even need a stencil or template because it's all straight cuts...the easiest kind to do.

- Use a sharp x-acto knife and make two cuts, a "V" basically, to form the the triangular pointed part of the arrow, then cut in a little on both sides, then continue down to create the "tail"...

- Cut a separate (solo) rectangular "tail" minus the arrow...

- Lay the end of the arrow's tail on top of the beginning of the solo tail...and cut at an angle through both.

Repeat two more times.
I hope this makes sense?!
It sounds so confusing when I read it back!

fcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
fcakes Posted 23 Mar 2012 , 4:07am
post #5 of 5

thanks so much for the response!! So it looks like I will have to freehand it or trace over a printout of an arrow... thank you!

FlourPots.. your directions were clear! Not confusing at all icon_smile.gif thank you!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%