Has Anyone Ordered Linda Mcclure's Blade?

Decorating By Annabakescakes Updated 16 Mar 2012 , 11:48pm by tiggy2

Annabakescakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Annabakescakes Posted 16 Mar 2012 , 10:32pm
post #1 of 6

I would like to order, but I am not ready to without some reviews. I have the original Silhouette, and the blades on other websites say that you can use them in all machines, but I am not sure about hers.
Is her kit worth the $75 plus shipping?

5 replies
tiggy2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tiggy2 Posted 16 Mar 2012 , 11:14pm
post #2 of 6

I purchased my silhouette SD and blade from her. The blade and housing she has is a must for cutting gumpase and frosting sheets. I also took her class and she is a wealth of information.

DeniseNH Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DeniseNH Posted 16 Mar 2012 , 11:29pm
post #3 of 6

I also have the Silhouette SD but don't know what you mean by the Blade? I love my Silhouette with the Make The Cut software, but wish I had more time to play with it. The information she sends you is awesome.

Annabakescakes Posted 16 Mar 2012 , 11:29pm
post #4 of 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by tiggy2

I purchased my silhouette SD and blade from her. The blade and housing she has is a must for cutting gumpase and frosting sheets. I also took her class and she is a wealth of information.

Thank you. Is a frosting sheet an edible image sheet? I currently cut those on my Silhouette. I was thinking about up-grading, but don't want to spend the whole $269 for the Silhouette Cameo. I saw it on Overstock for $239 a couple days ago, but now the price has gone back up! icon_mad.gif

Annabakescakes Posted 16 Mar 2012 , 11:31pm
post #5 of 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeniseNH

I also have the Silhouette SD but don't know what you mean by the Blade? I love my Silhouette with the Make The Cut software, but wish I had more time to play with it. The information she sends you is awesome.

Her blade and housing is for cutting fondant or gum paste. I tried cutting it in my Silhouette, but it crinkled and the blade housing dug in it icon_redface.gif

tiggy2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tiggy2 Posted 16 Mar 2012 , 11:48pm
post #6 of 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Annabakescakes

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeniseNH

Her blade and housing is for cutting fondant or gum paste. I tried cutting it in my Silhouette, but it crinkled and the blade housing dug in it icon_redface.gif

Did you adjust the depth?

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%