Butter Pecan Ice Cream Cake

Baking By mudderteresa Updated 17 May 2012 , 11:22pm by BakingIrene

mudderteresa Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mudderteresa Posted 13 Mar 2012 , 2:06pm
post #1 of 4

hi everyone my brother hates cake but loves butter pecan ice cream so i was thinking about making him a butter pecan ice cream cake...never done this. would someone please tell me what the best cake batter would be to compliment butter pecan ice cream? please some one help i don't want it to taste like crap because i picked the wrong batter.

3 replies
KoryAK Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KoryAK Posted 13 Mar 2012 , 5:10pm
post #2 of 4

Lots of them... vanilla, chocolate, more butter pecan, any nut flavor, caramel....

mudderteresa Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mudderteresa Posted 27 Mar 2012 , 9:27pm
post #3 of 4

thanks that helped out aloticon_smile.gif

BakingIrene Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BakingIrene Posted 17 May 2012 , 11:22pm
post #4 of 4

How about butter recipe cake mix cake with chopped pecans, but sliced into thin layers so there is mostly ice cream?

Or make layers of crushed pecan shortbread cookies in between the ice cream layers instead of cake layers?

Or an upside down cake--put precooked pecan pie filling in the bottom, and a thin layer of gold cake batter on top. Not fancy, but extremely good with ice cream on the side. Ice and decorate with whipped cream to make it look like a cake. Surprise!!!

The guy says he doesn't like cake? Bake pecan pie. Or just bake a nice pie shell and fill with butter pecan ice cream...use your imagination, you don't have to have cake to make it tasty or fun.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%