Wedding Cake

Decorating By scovran Updated 7 Mar 2012 , 11:01pm by countrygal7782

scovran Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
scovran Posted 3 Mar 2012 , 2:39am
post #1 of 5

I have to decorate a wedding cake for nephew in May. It will be a red velvet cake with fondant icing. I'll need to make it on Wednesday or Thursday for a Saturday wedding. Will it stay fresh enough or will it dry out in that length of time? Should I freeze it?? Help... Thanks

4 replies
countrygal7782 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
countrygal7782 Posted 3 Mar 2012 , 2:57am
post #2 of 5

I always bake mine on Thursday for Saturday orders and never have a problem. I take them out of the pan, then let them cool until they are no longer hot to the touch then wrap them in plastic wrap and make sure there is no way air can get in to them, then store them someplace cool. This time of year I put them in my garage. I have found that wraping them while still slightly warm and letting them sit for to cool actually makes them more moist.

Texas_Rose Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Texas_Rose Posted 3 Mar 2012 , 3:40am
post #3 of 5

The fondant will help the cake stay moist. It's fine to bake Wed or Thurs for a Sat wedding.

Sungirl1985 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sungirl1985 Posted 6 Mar 2012 , 1:09am
post #4 of 5

I was wondering the same thing...
I have a cake for 150 people to do in august. I plan to bake them on Wednesday and Thursday, wrap and put them in my fridge. Then Thursday night and Friday I would ice them and apply my fondant and decorations. Do you think that should be ok?

countrygal7782 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
countrygal7782 Posted 7 Mar 2012 , 11:01pm
post #5 of 5

Yes Sungirl1985, I would say that would work just fine.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%