Color Question....help Please?!?

Decorating By chesneysmama Updated 26 Feb 2012 , 4:32am by sing

chesneysmama Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
chesneysmama Posted 25 Feb 2012 , 7:10am
post #1 of 5

I found this cake on cakefixation.com and I absolutely love the colors. Coloring is the one thing I always have trouble with. I love to use the Americolor Soft Gel Paste in the squeeze bottles. My cake won't be a ladybug, but I'm planning on using the same color scheme as this one. I'm planning on making the background green in buttercream instead of fondant. My question is, what color do you think I would need to make this green and the deep pink that is on this cake? I'm horrible with colors!

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks so much!
LL

4 replies
aundrea Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
aundrea Posted 25 Feb 2012 , 8:25am
post #2 of 5

im not to sure, but im thinking the green might be avocado. maybe mixed with another color of green?? for the deep pink. possible a pink pastel with a hotter pink mixed together.
did you try to ask the person who made the cake?
im using avocado now-from americolors thats why im thinking it might be in that family of green.
HTH-but prob not icon_lol.gif

chesneysmama Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
chesneysmama Posted 26 Feb 2012 , 12:40am
post #3 of 5

Thank you so much for replying! I saw that Avacado and wondered if it might be a good color for this cake. I guess I'll just get a couple of different colors and work with them and hope for the best! lol
Thanks for your help! icon_smile.gif

kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 26 Feb 2012 , 2:53am
post #4 of 5

Go real easy with coloring. You can always add more if not dark enough but can only lighten it by adding more white icing.
It is very hard to tell as each computer really give a different hue to it's screen. I think Avocado is a good choice and maybe add a tiny hint of yellow.

sing Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sing Posted 26 Feb 2012 , 4:32am
post #5 of 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by kakeladi

Go real easy with coloring. You can always add more if not dark enough but can only lighten it by adding more white icing.
It is very hard to tell as each computer really give a different hue to it's screen. I think Avocado is a good choice and maybe add a tiny hint of yellow.

thumbs_up.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%