Website Opinions Please :)

Business By bluedaisies Updated 26 Feb 2012 , 4:18am by bluedaisies

bluedaisies Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bluedaisies Posted 25 Feb 2012 , 1:42am
post #1 of 17

My website has been live for awhile, but I've recently made some changes. Trying to make it simpler. Opinions?

http://frostedchic.weebly.com

Thanks in advance!

16 replies
SnLSweetEscapes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SnLSweetEscapes Posted 25 Feb 2012 , 1:58am
post #2 of 17

I just tried to look at it and it says page not found...

bluedaisies Posted 25 Feb 2012 , 2:09am
post #3 of 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by SnLSweetEscapes

I just tried to look at it and it says page not found...

Fixed. I had tried to make it a link using the URL button in the post form, but didn't work for some reason. All fixed now tho. icon_smile.gif

SnLSweetEscapes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SnLSweetEscapes Posted 25 Feb 2012 , 2:51am
post #4 of 17

I think it looks good. I personally prefer colored backgrounds but that is me. The cakes and cupcakes are beautiful.

jason_kraft Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jason_kraft Posted 25 Feb 2012 , 3:24am
post #5 of 17

The logo on the front page looks great, but it is way too big on the other pages, you should make sure more information is available "above the fold", i.e. without scrolling.

You should also include contact information, your mission statement, and your service area on the home page. You also mention "level 1" and "level 2" decorations on your specials page but don't mention this anywhere else, and I don't see any mention of pricing, the order process (pickup or delivery), how much lead time you need, etc.

The white background and dark gray text is legible and classy in my opinion, but for colored headings you might want to use the pink in the logo instead of the current orange color.

sing Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sing Posted 25 Feb 2012 , 3:25am
post #6 of 17

It's nice! I like your cake pics icon_smile.gif

bluedaisies Posted 26 Feb 2012 , 2:44am
post #7 of 17

Thanks everyone! I'm limited on what I can do with it since it's a free website with Weebly.

dsilvest Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dsilvest Posted 26 Feb 2012 , 3:10am
post #8 of 17

bluedaisies

There is a lot of different things you can still do with your website on weebly. I was just on it (weebly).
Take some time to play around. Open up each of the headings -side and top and try out the different things. The more you play the more interesting your website will be.

bluedaisies Posted 26 Feb 2012 , 3:22am
post #9 of 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsilvest

bluedaisies

There is a lot of different things you can still do with your website on weebly. I was just on it (weebly).
Take some time to play around. Open up each of the headings -side and top and try out the different things. The more you play the more interesting your website will be.

Hmm.. I haven't been able to find where it allows me to change the heading and sides on different pages. The layout I chose for the site, which I really like, doesn't even have side bars. What I've found is that it will let me pick a general font and color for say all the paragraph titles, all the general text, etc in those groups. But I can't change anything other than the size individually. Maybe in the Pro version you can do all that?

dsilvest Posted 26 Feb 2012 , 3:27am
post #10 of 17

I have been playing on the free one for the last 10 minutes. I can make multiple changes. Backgrounds, different types of slideshows, etc What type of website did you choose when you were setting it up?

bluedaisies Posted 26 Feb 2012 , 3:30am
post #11 of 17
Quote:

I have been playing on the free one for the last 10 minutes. I can make multiple changes. Backgrounds, different types of slideshows, etc What type of website did you choose when you were setting it up?

Well I can change the layout, add slide shows, etc. The part that it will not let me change is as someone suggested - to change the header on the other pages besides the Home page. Or the background color. I can't change JUST the background color if I want to keep the layout that I have.

mplaidgirl2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mplaidgirl2 Posted 26 Feb 2012 , 3:46am
post #12 of 17

love the logo. I feel like that bar across the top should be the pink of your logo... amybe the logo a little smaller so you can see the pics on the bottoms without scrolling

dsilvest Posted 26 Feb 2012 , 3:50am
post #13 of 17

The only way to change the background colour is to change the theme. You can change the text by going into design options and then click on design. There are so many things that can be changed. I started by changing the themes just to see what it would look like. You can remove weebly's pictures and add you own, change the script and set up the pages in a different and interesting manner.
Keep playing if you have the time.

bluedaisies Posted 26 Feb 2012 , 3:56am
post #14 of 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by mplaidgirl2

love the logo. I feel like that bar across the top should be the pink of your logo... amybe the logo a little smaller so you can see the pics on the bottoms without scrolling

uh this stinks. I can't implement half the great suggestions I'm getting because of the site restrictions. I'm trying to alter the HTML myself, but I'm having to figure it out by trial and error and not getting very far lol.

dsilvest Posted 26 Feb 2012 , 4:11am
post #15 of 17

Which theme category did you choose you background from?

dsilvest Posted 26 Feb 2012 , 4:16am
post #16 of 17

I found it.

bluedaisies Posted 26 Feb 2012 , 4:18am
post #17 of 17
Quote:

Which theme category did you choose you background from?

Looks like it's under the Wedding category.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%