Cakepop Disaster...eeeek

Decorating By pastryqueen9 Updated 23 Feb 2012 , 2:35pm by cheatize

pastryqueen9 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pastryqueen9 Posted 23 Feb 2012 , 2:07am
post #1 of 5

So I finally got my BabyCakes cakepop maker aaaannnnnd I HATE IT! But I want to LOVE IT!!! I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong and it has to be that I'm doing something wrong because every other CCer loves their Babycakes machine. Anyhow, when I use my machine the cakepops never rise right and form on the top. They look like misshaped pyramids on the top, they're not round at all. Does anyone have an ideas about why this may be happening? Any advice would be SO appreciated.

4 replies
jenscreativity Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jenscreativity Posted 23 Feb 2012 , 2:22am
post #2 of 5

don't you have another forum open on this same topic?? I don't have machine,,but do it the old way..I have a lot of ppl that like it the traditional way,,but whatever works for you..I'm sorry i can't help you on the machine..only the traditional way..best of luck..

pastryqueen9 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pastryqueen9 Posted 23 Feb 2012 , 3:54am
post #3 of 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by jenscreativity

don't you have another forum open on this same topic?? I don't have machine,,but do it the old way..I have a lot of ppl that like it the traditional way,,but whatever works for you..I'm sorry i can't help you on the machine..only the traditional way..best of luck..

Hi thanks! No it is actually a post on traditional cake pops vs. the babycakes machine but I did make a reply to the post about how awful my cakepops have turned out using the machine. I thought I might need to start a different thread to solicit as many responses/help as possible. I didn't want this topic to get lost in the other discussion. Sorry if I irritated anyone for posting it as a new thread, didn't realize I was breaking any CC protocol... just wanted some help. icon_redface.gif

mom2twogrlz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mom2twogrlz Posted 23 Feb 2012 , 4:29am
post #4 of 5

I haven't tried it yet, but I have heard that is a problem if you don't fill the cavity all the way. I do them a modified version of the old fashion way. I don't use frosting, which cuts down on the sweetness.

cheatize Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cheatize Posted 23 Feb 2012 , 2:35pm
post #5 of 5

It could be that you're not filling the cavity all the way. It could also be your recipe.

I made pepperoni balls in mine and it worked fine. I then made brownie balls in it and again it worked fine. I finally decided to use it for it's intended purpose and made cake balls. They were awful. I was laughing too hard to figure out what I did wrong.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%