Valentine Party For 4Th Graders

Lounge By JRAE33 Updated 13 Feb 2012 , 1:36am by heynannie

JRAE33 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JRAE33 Posted 5 Feb 2012 , 4:40pm
post #1 of 9

My sons teacher isn't going to be in class on Valentines Day and he asked me to come in and run a party for the kids. I'm a Girl Scout leader and never have a problem coming up with ideas for my girls, but a class of 10 year old boys and girls I'm a little unsure what we could do that they would all enjoy. Any ideas?

8 replies
mrspriss0912 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mrspriss0912 Posted 5 Feb 2012 , 6:27pm
post #2 of 9

How old are the kids? we used to help them make Valentine boxes before they swapped cards. Are you needing help with ideas for treats or what to do during the party? Let me know and we will brain storm.

JRAE33 Posted 6 Feb 2012 , 4:58am
post #3 of 9

I need actual things to do. Treats are never a problem at this school icon_smile.gif They will have enough to last past Easter!! The kids are all 10 and there are 17 kids in his class.

jamawoops Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jamawoops Posted 6 Feb 2012 , 5:28pm
post #4 of 9

I like the idea of making valentine boxes before swapping cards. A scavenger hunt would be fun, or a valentine trivial pursuit or jeopardy would be cool. You could include questions about valentine's day and about famous couples throughout history and in movies. Also word searches and trivia sheets are good to pass the time. And you could bring cupcakes or cookies for them to decorate. Boys still like to do crafty things at that age lol! Good luck!!

wannabecute Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
wannabecute Posted 6 Feb 2012 , 10:35pm
post #5 of 9

I have a 4th grader and at his party we are having 4 stations - 2 game stations, 1 snack station and 1 craft station. Would you be able to recruit any other parents to help? Check out familyfun.go.com. They have lots of ideas!

JRAE33 Posted 7 Feb 2012 , 11:58pm
post #6 of 9

Thanks icon_smile.gif

I was thinking maybe BINGO but I'm liking the trivia idea!!

What other sort of games would you recommend?

jamawoops Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jamawoops Posted 9 Feb 2012 , 12:25am
post #7 of 9

I think Bingo would be fun too! You could personalize it to Valentine's Day if you have time. Instead of #'s you could use the name thing I mentioned before. You'd have to come up with a lot of names though. For example, instead of O-71 you could have O-Romeo! How cute is that one lol!!

wannabecute Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
wannabecute Posted 9 Feb 2012 , 3:23pm
post #8 of 9

You could use little heart candies as bingo markers! One of our games is a Valentine's mad libs game. The kids like them and it reinforces the parts of speech. icon_smile.gif

heynannie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
heynannie Posted 13 Feb 2012 , 1:36am
post #9 of 9

Sounds like some great ideas!!!
You could supply items for students to construct a "Goodie Bag" for an at Home Family member or Friend. Encourage students to include a hand drawn or written Valentines greeting, . because Valentines is about sharing and giving. Let this activity be a surprise to your students....first thing before they construct thier Valentine Boxes. Figure how much time you want to give to this activity . (" THEY WILL BE ON IT LIKE ANTS ON A SUGAR CUBE") That way your students BUZZZZZZ energy....NOT ALL is worked out .....THEN "PAHHHTY TIIIIME !!! and they will be excited looking forward to gifting someone they may not have the resources to otherwise give anything too.
You are creative
* also...limbo is fun with a stuffed animal 1 for boy and girl who goes the lowest icon_smile.gif maybe Valentines crowns Kings and Queens of hearts... GOOD LUCK i know your gonna have fun! <333><
get the limbo song if you can....its an oldie i think Mr. Harry Belefonte or Mr Chubby Checker...not for sure n e way good luck.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%