Flower Type

Decorating By davea Updated 5 Feb 2012 , 6:08pm by Goreti

davea Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
davea Posted 5 Feb 2012 , 3:40pm
post #1 of 4

Hello all. Could anyone ID this flower for me? I was thinking a dogwood but I'm not sure. Also, is that a fondant mold for the center? (hopefully the attachment works)
Thanks for your help

3 replies
karateka Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
karateka Posted 5 Feb 2012 , 4:30pm
post #2 of 4

I think dogwoods have 4 petals....although I could be wrong.

It reminds me strongly of the JEM 5 petal rose cutter. The center is a fondant mold. You can buy those from global sugar art in a set of various sizes.

Anybody else?

kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 5 Feb 2012 , 5:33pm
post #3 of 4

I also think it might be the 5-petal rose cutter. The flower is then turned over and pressed in the center of each petal w/a ball tool to get that cupped look. I don't think they even softened/thinned the outer edges of each petal. It is then dried in some kind of cup form.

Goreti Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Goreti Posted 5 Feb 2012 , 6:08pm
post #4 of 4

I agree with the others. As far as the middle, you can probably get that look by pressing the fondant onto a metal sieve.

Quote by @%username% on %date%