Cake Tin Question

Decorating By tiggylou Updated 3 Feb 2012 , 7:43pm by MsGF

tiggylou Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tiggylou Posted 3 Feb 2012 , 6:57pm
post #1 of 7

Hello icon_lol.gif

My first post here, I've been a stalker for a while lol!

I'm doing a number 1 shape cake in a couple of weeks and have booked the tin for hire, but I think I'm being a bit dim icon_redface.gif

How do I use the tin? It doesn't have a bottom lol!

6 replies
jgifford Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jgifford Posted 3 Feb 2012 , 7:05pm
post #2 of 7

Sounds like you have a cutter, not a pan. Or it may be made to go on top of a sheet pan. That's kind of weird.

tiggylou Posted 3 Feb 2012 , 7:18pm
post #3 of 7

It's this one ^^

jgifford Posted 3 Feb 2012 , 7:20pm
post #4 of 7

Yes, looks like it's made to sit on a sheet pan. Line the sheet pan with parchment and then set the "1" on it and fill with batter.

tiggylou Posted 3 Feb 2012 , 7:21pm
post #5 of 7

Thank you!

I can see this cake ending up in disaster >.<

jgifford Posted 3 Feb 2012 , 7:22pm
post #6 of 7

You'll be fine. Just don't panic if the batter seeps under the edge a little - - you can trim it easy enough. Be sure and post photos. icon_smile.gif

MsGF Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MsGF Posted 3 Feb 2012 , 7:43pm
post #7 of 7

I have a few pans like this. Put the pan on a cookie sheet. Put parchment paper on the sheet first. For best results use a thicker cake mix. If it's too thin it will leak out the bottom a bit. But that's not really a problem because the mix will cook at the bottom and seal it up. If it leaks a bit, just trim it off. I saw a Duff show were he used these pans and wrapped the bottom and side in a sheet of tin foil before putting it on the cookie sheet because he uses thin batter, but it still leaked out a bit, but it was fine. So don't worry about it.

It will be great. When I first used my pan I was imagining a disaster too, but it never happened.

Good Luck & post pics.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%