Where Can I Get This Stencil Online?

Decorating By Pearl645 Updated 4 Feb 2012 , 3:30am by shanter

Pearl645 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Pearl645 Posted 3 Feb 2012 , 12:55am
post #1 of 8

I am looking for a way to get the exact pattern on the cake side without having to do it free-hand. My free-hand cannot be relied on for a wedding cake.I have only found s scroll stencils on GSA and Amazon but not near to what I am looking for. Where can I get this pattern online to ship to me or some tool to help me get it at the same height across the entire round cake?

Thanks,
Pearl
LL

7 replies
MollyHammond Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MollyHammond Posted 3 Feb 2012 , 1:14am
post #2 of 8

try a google search for culinary stencils
hope that helps
Molly

KateLS Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KateLS Posted 3 Feb 2012 , 2:00am
post #3 of 8

Another option is to use a marker, such as the Wilton marker (http://www.wilton.com/store/site/product.cfm?id=2C61B096-1E0B-C910-EAE02E9BA668ADD2&fid=BF217A88-1E0B-C910-EA89E774397C0ED7) to mark the main points top, bottom, and curve point, so you can then free hand it and still have it uniform.

colababy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
colababy Posted 3 Feb 2012 , 2:01am
post #4 of 8

Dasmark has stencils online you can order. Look on Google I forgot the website. Designstencils.com I think.

grandmomof1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
grandmomof1 Posted 3 Feb 2012 , 2:14am
post #5 of 8

It is an Impression Mat - Product # 22105 at Global Sugar Art

shanter Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Pearl645 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Pearl645 Posted 3 Feb 2012 , 1:40pm
post #7 of 8

Wow Shanter you are a genius. Those 3 links I have never come across in any of my online searches. Thanks so much. My search has come to an end now. Big smile. Have you bought from any of these companies online for stencils?

shanter Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
shanter Posted 4 Feb 2012 , 3:30am
post #8 of 8

Oooooh, I just love being called a genius, even if it isn't true. icon_smile.gif I Googled "wave stencil" with no mention of food or cake. Pretty much a stencil is a stencil.

You'll have to watch out for the sizes of these stencils--e.g., quilts are much larger than cakes (usually). icon_biggrin.gif

I haven't ordered from any of those companies, but I did buy a stencil in a fabric store. I had to shrink it down on a copier onto card stock and then cut out the pattern with an Exacto-Knife for it to fit on a cake.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%