How To Get The Same Effect With Buttercream.....any Tips?

Español By bellacakecreations Updated 31 Jan 2012 , 3:32pm by msthang1224

bellacakecreations Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bellacakecreations Posted 31 Jan 2012 , 2:13pm
post #1 of 2

Hey guys I was brought a pic of a cake and asked to make it in chocolate buttercream with dark chocolate buttercream accents. There was no info with this cake but it looks to me like it's chocolate fondant or modeling chocolate. I haven't had much luck making the diamond impression in chocolate buttercream (It never crusts enough) and they do want it to have a darker look to the lines. I'm guessing I could lightly mark them, wait a bit, score them more deeply, and if it does not look dark enough pipe in the lines? I'm just afraid I won't have perfectly straight lines or the indentations that look so nice. Any tips would be appreciated.

They also wanted chocolate covered strawberries scattered on the cake. I have never done those before and while I don't expect too many hiccups with them I would love some tips for those as well.

[/img]
LL

1 reply
msthang1224 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
msthang1224 Posted 31 Jan 2012 , 3:32pm
post #2 of 2

Hi,

Yes, i would do eaxctly what you said in regards to the making the indentations first and then piping the darker lines on the cake. Practice, Practice, Practice!! Doing the piping on a dummy covered with one side of it covered in buttercream just so you have the effect that you want on yr actual cake.

Chocolate covered strawberries: its not too difficult to do. You just make sure that yr strawberries are NOT WET, completely dry before you dip them into yr chocolate. Hold then up for a bit for the excess chocolate to drip off and then set onto a waxpaper covered cookie sheet.

HTH

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%