Advice Please: How Do I Find Commercial Kitchens?

Business By Lovelyladylibra Updated 31 Jan 2012 , 7:29pm by Lovelyladylibra

Lovelyladylibra Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lovelyladylibra Posted 31 Jan 2012 , 1:38pm
post #1 of 7

I'm in NYC and I need to find a commercial. I want to go legit so bad but its hard for me to find a kitchen to rent. I don't know where to look. All the places I do see are in Manhattan and charge higher then my apartments rent... there's no way I can afford that. Would anyone happen to know where I can look? (i tried schools it seems to be a no no out here I tried churches, nope, bakeries are stingy, the local bodegas that have kitchens aren't even legal... I'm loosing it here)

6 replies
MimiFix Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MimiFix Posted 31 Jan 2012 , 1:51pm
post #2 of 7

Kingsborough Community College has a program. Also Hot Bread Kitchen. Depending upon what you want to sell, you can bake at home http://www.agriculture.ny.gov/FS/consumer/processor.html Good luck!

Lovelyladylibra Posted 31 Jan 2012 , 4:29pm
post #3 of 7

thank you

msthang1224 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
msthang1224 Posted 31 Jan 2012 , 4:37pm
post #4 of 7

Hi

Try Kitchen for Hire. The ladies that run it are soooo nice icon_smile.gif they are in Brooklyn, NY

FromScratchSF Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
FromScratchSF Posted 31 Jan 2012 , 4:50pm
post #5 of 7

Call your local Health Department, if anyone is aware of where all the rental kitchens are, it's them.

You could also try contacting your local Restaurant Association, SBA, Chamber of Commerce, those types of organizations.

Good luck!

cattycornercakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cattycornercakes Posted 31 Jan 2012 , 6:27pm
post #6 of 7

How about community centers?

Lovelyladylibra Posted 31 Jan 2012 , 7:29pm
post #7 of 7

thanks to all of you I will look at them all. I never thought to try community centers,

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%