Silicone Cupcake Liners

Baking By Gerle Updated 28 Jan 2012 , 12:51am by Gerle

Gerle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Gerle Posted 27 Jan 2012 , 4:22am
post #1 of 5

I've never used these before, but my daughter-in-law gave me some for Christmas. Needless to say, I have questions about them. After the cupcakes/muffins are baked, I'm assuming you take them out of the silicone liner. Do the cupcakes/muffins tend to dry out once removed from the silicone liners? It seems to me that they would.

Has anyone used them before and if so, what are your feelings about them?

4 replies
CakinKimi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakinKimi Posted 27 Jan 2012 , 5:17am
post #2 of 5

I saw these at the store the other day. I assumed you would just leave them in the liner until you eat the cupcake because I think it would dry out if you didn't. They probably aren't that practical to use if you are wanting to sell the cupcakes. Family use only I'd say. Lol

MimiFix Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MimiFix Posted 27 Jan 2012 , 2:28pm
post #3 of 5

Cupcakes/muffins definitely dry out once the silicone cup is removed. Therefore, they are not practical for product sales unless your product is wrapped or bagged.

When these molds first came out I was excited because the design allows for easy removal of baked goods from the mold. For larger items such as bundt cakes, they work well. However, for baking smaller cupcakes or muffins, every darn little cup needs scrubbing, especially between the numerous ridges. I've stopped using them; last summer I sent them to the local resale store.

BizCoCos Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BizCoCos Posted 27 Jan 2012 , 7:01pm
post #4 of 5

funny, I just took mine out of the oven, I agree with all posters, plus, they will bake in odd shapes if they are crowded. a pain to wash, but so easy to take out, will dry quickly depending on the recipe.

Gerle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Gerle Posted 28 Jan 2012 , 12:51am
post #5 of 5

Those sound like reasons I hadn't purchased them myself. I just wasn't sure how it would work out. However, since my daughter-in-law bought them for me, I feel I need to use them, so will use them only when I'm baking cupcakes for here at the house. To go elsewhere, I'll use traditional liners.

Thanks everyone for your comments and help.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%