Lisa Vanderpump's Daughter's Wedding Cake (Rhobh)

Decorating By karukaru Updated 25 Jan 2012 , 4:45pm by petiterouge42

karukaru Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
karukaru Posted 24 Jan 2012 , 7:31pm
post #1 of 36

I am not sure if I should post this in here but I could not find the general forum.

Did anybody see the cake last night? Is it me or the cake looks unfinished? look at the separation in between tiers. I think the cake was around $9,000 (if I remember correctly from last night's episode.) I have seen better cakes on this site. That cake looks terrible. What do you think?

http://www.celebritybrideguide.com/pandora-vanderpump-wedding/

35 replies
QTCakes1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
QTCakes1 Posted 24 Jan 2012 , 7:40pm
post #2 of 36

I agree. I don't know if it looks unfinished or if it just looks really plain.

MsGF Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MsGF Posted 24 Jan 2012 , 7:45pm
post #3 of 36

Certainly not the prettiest cake I've ever seen. It definitely looks incomplete. I don't like it.

AnnieCahill Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AnnieCahill Posted 24 Jan 2012 , 7:45pm
post #4 of 36

Who in the world is that?

karukaru Posted 24 Jan 2012 , 7:46pm
post #5 of 36

I just don't understand why the top tiers are separated and the bottom 2 are not. it looks like they either forgot to stack them properly or that they forgot to put the roses in between the tiers.

karukaru Posted 24 Jan 2012 , 7:48pm
post #6 of 36
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnieCahill

Who in the world is that?

The daughter of one of the Real Housewives of Beverly Hills (Lisa Vanderpump)

Rachie204 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rachie204 Posted 24 Jan 2012 , 8:01pm
post #7 of 36

ugh

Beckalita Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Beckalita Posted 24 Jan 2012 , 8:11pm
post #8 of 36

I agree....either the supports between those top tiers were not cut to the correct length, or the flowers that were supposed to go between the tiers were forgotten. I know things in California are more expensive, but for $9000 I would have expected a lot more WOW!

KoryAK Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KoryAK Posted 24 Jan 2012 , 8:19pm
post #9 of 36

It looks like a mediocre attempt at something straight out of the Wilton 1989 yearbook! Soooo not appropriate for an event/budget like that!

KoryAK Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KoryAK Posted 24 Jan 2012 , 8:20pm
post #10 of 36

BUT it's probably exactly what she ordered. I guess you can't buy taste....

AnnieCahill Posted 24 Jan 2012 , 8:20pm
post #11 of 36

Oh so the "Real Housewives" are considered celebrities? What is this world coming to.

The cake is ghetto.

AZCouture Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AZCouture Posted 24 Jan 2012 , 8:21pm
post #12 of 36

Tell me that's a joke.

JenFailla Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JenFailla Posted 24 Jan 2012 , 8:24pm
post #13 of 36

I was thinking the same thing!!! The top few tiers were not flush and they were deciding on what type of flowers to decorate it with- an hour before the wedding? I know reality tv isn't truly reality, and other things could have come into play that we didn't see, but given how luxurious and expensive everything else was, I thought the cake was a dud.

AnnieCahill Posted 24 Jan 2012 , 8:51pm
post #14 of 36

Here's another view of it. It's still not a $9000 cake though.

http://www.lessonslearnedfromtherealhousewives.com/?tag=pandora-vanderpump-todd

cindy458 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cindy458 Posted 24 Jan 2012 , 9:03pm
post #15 of 36

I do believe the bottom tier is bulging just a little. any one know who made this cake? someone might have already said and i just didn't see it.

Rachie204 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rachie204 Posted 24 Jan 2012 , 9:19pm
post #16 of 36
Quote:
Originally Posted by KoryAK

BUT it's probably exactly what she ordered. I guess you can't buy taste....

lol guess that is true

DeniseNH Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DeniseNH Posted 24 Jan 2012 , 10:32pm
post #17 of 36

The second photo is much better but a cake is always viewed "in the round". Placement of the stubby pillars is awkward. Why go to the bother of hiking a cake up a half inch? Beautiful if seen from the front but still not worth $9,000. In fact, if that's a $9,000 cake, I've decorated several .................and got gyped icon_smile.gif

MarianInFL Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MarianInFL Posted 24 Jan 2012 , 10:52pm
post #18 of 36

I think that if you're going to have separations between layers, and they are going to be that short, they should be the same measurement. It just looks awkward.

I think the table looks nicer than the cake.

FromScratchSF Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
FromScratchSF Posted 24 Jan 2012 , 11:44pm
post #19 of 36

Yowza, I don't have a clue at who those people are but that cake is poorly executed. Maybe it was the design ordered, but that's no excuse for a badly bulging tier like that.

Just when I am feeling a little down about my decorating skills I see stuff like this and go... wow. I rock!

karukaru Posted 24 Jan 2012 , 11:57pm
post #20 of 36
Quote:
Originally Posted by FromScratchSF

Yowza, I don't have a clue at who those people are but that cake is poorly executed. Maybe it was the design ordered, but that's no excuse for a badly bulging tier like that.

Just when I am feeling a little down about my decorating skills I see stuff like this and go... wow. I rock!

LOL!

IvyCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
IvyCakes Posted 25 Jan 2012 , 12:08am
post #21 of 36

If all those flowers are gumpaste and the cake was ordered with maybe a months time or something similar like that I can see the price... and maybe it's been sitting out in the heat for a long while with new experimental flavors and fillings? Or the flowers around the table were originally intended to be placed between the tiers but some meddling person stopped them and said they'd be nicer trailing down and around the table.. all I can figure!

It is a mystery, I agree it doesn't look the price tag from just those photos. I wonder what the story behind it is. detective.gif

Evoir Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Evoir Posted 25 Jan 2012 , 12:29am
post #22 of 36

icon_cry.gif

Seeing that made me cry just a little.

Shoot - they could have flown me out from Australia and I still would have made that cake for less than $9000.

I am beginning to think I am undercharging for some of my 'big' cakes![/img]

GrandmaG Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
GrandmaG Posted 25 Jan 2012 , 12:40am
post #23 of 36

I believe it was like $9600.00. Crazy! The bottom tier wasn't bulging when they brought it in and sat it on the table. Must be from the weight of the one on top of it. Lisa said "Wasn't the cake supposed to have cascading flowers"? They didn't know what they were going to use for flowers and decided on fresh as they thought it would be prettier. I think the wedding planner's designers ended up doing that. But the cake decorator didn't have anything to do with that part. I also noticed the cloth it sat on hadn't been ironed. This was a million dollar wedding!

IvyCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
IvyCakes Posted 25 Jan 2012 , 1:03am
post #24 of 36
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrandmaG

I believe it was like $9600.00. Crazy! The bottom tier wasn't bulging when they brought it in and sat it on the table. Must be from the weight of the one on top of it. Lisa said "Wasn't the cake supposed to have cascading flowers"? They didn't know what they were going to use for flowers and decided on fresh as they thought it would be prettier. I think the wedding planner's designers ended up doing that. But the cake decorator didn't have anything to do with that part. I also noticed the cloth it sat on hadn't been ironed. This was a million dollar wedding!

The flowers were fresh...uuuughhh... it's filled with edible gold swirlds??? I give up... All I can say is that cake decorator is awesome, they found a way to get a ton of money for well...that, lol. I'd love to tutor under them and learn how they manage getting those contracts. icon_wink.gif

FromScratchSF Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
FromScratchSF Posted 25 Jan 2012 , 1:22am
post #25 of 36

So now I feel even better - I just flipped thru the cake section of the 1st link posted of "Celebrity Wedding Cakes".

icon_eek.gif

Some of those are really horribly executed.

It's also the 1st time I saw the Kardashian cake up close.

IT'S LEANING.

Sigh.[/img] icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

petiterouge42 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
petiterouge42 Posted 25 Jan 2012 , 3:16am
post #26 of 36

While I really didn't care for the wedding cake from the OP- I disagree with the Kardashian cake leaning. It looks like the picture was taken at a slight angle. If you look at the line of the table from the bottom, it's slightly crooked. Sometimes cakes can look wonky depending on the way the picture was taken, I think this may have been a case of that.

CarolinaGirlAsh Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CarolinaGirlAsh Posted 25 Jan 2012 , 4:08am
post #27 of 36

This is off topic, but what methods does everyone use to prevent a bulging tier? I have tried several methods but still have a bulge between the layers, where the filling is, sometimes. I would love to learn a method that would work consistently. I am sure I must be doing something wrong.

Tails Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Tails Posted 25 Jan 2012 , 6:31am
post #28 of 36
Quote:
Originally Posted by petiterouge42

While I really didn't care for the wedding cake from the OP- I disagree with the Kardashian cake leaning. It looks like the picture was taken at a slight angle. If you look at the line of the table from the bottom, it's slightly crooked. Sometimes cakes can look wonky depending on the way the picture was taken, I think this may have been a case of that.

+1 thumbs_up.gif

Annabakescakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Annabakescakes Posted 25 Jan 2012 , 7:43am
post #29 of 36

It is completely amazing what kind of garbage gets put on tv and then the "celebrity" status requirements are really low... And I think kardashian's cake is straight, but it was was "fixed". That double tall tier fourth from the bottom looks wonky, and the white flowers look stupid.

GrandmaG Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
GrandmaG Posted 25 Jan 2012 , 1:29pm
post #30 of 36
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolinaGirlAsh

This is off topic, but what methods does everyone use to prevent a bulging tier? I have tried several methods but still have a bulge between the layers, where the filling is, sometimes. I would love to learn a method that would work consistently. I am sure I must be doing something wrong.

If you do a search there are several threads on this topic but here is one good one.
http://cakecentral.com/cake-decorating-ftopict-633571-newest.html+trick

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%