Graduation Class Ring Cake

Decorating By rogue_ausa Updated 26 Jan 2012 , 12:22am by alival

rogue_ausa Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
rogue_ausa Posted 24 Jan 2012 , 4:56pm
post #1 of 2

I'm making one for my niece's graduation, and I have several ideas however I don't like any of them. I've thought about carving it, but I'm worried that it won't come out looking as good as I want it too. I've thought about using a tear shaped pan and a half pan but it doesn't match up right. I was unable to find a cake pan shape that would work completely, which is understandable because the cake would cook unevenly if you could keep it from overflowing in the back. I'm thinking I'm just going to have to take a chance on carving it, however I wanted ya'lls opinion first. I'm fairly new at this, and this is my biggest project. Also what could I use to scoop out sides of the cake to make grooves where the symboles are? It will be a large cake sitting on a square cake for support, to look like a display.

1 reply
alival Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
alival Posted 26 Jan 2012 , 12:22am
post #2 of 2

Hi! I've made before without needing to buy special pans. Take a piece of paper, draw the ring, enlarge it using your printer (poster printing). You can also find poster printing websites online. Cut out the ring and place on top of the cake and carve. Make sure your cake has been well chilled so it won't produce too many crumbs while carving. Hope this helps!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%