Time Line Help

Decorating By specialtycakesbysara Updated 9 Jan 2012 , 1:54am by specialtycakesbysara

specialtycakesbysara Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
specialtycakesbysara Posted 8 Jan 2012 , 11:59pm
post #1 of 3

I am in need of some advice regarding time line and making sure that the cake is still fresh, etc. Ok, the cake is for Sunday the 15th. It is 2 tier and both covered in fondant. The top tier has buttercream filling and the bottom tier will have the snack pack pudding (the ones that are not kept in the fridge). I work 12 hours on Friday, Saturday, and Sunday. I will bring the cake to work with me on Sunday and the mom will pick up from my work. So, I wanted to make the cakes on Wednesday night. Put filling and frost them on thursday afternoon and put them in the freezer?? Then Friday take them out of the freezer and cover them with fondant (when they are room temp). Then after decorated can they sit out from Friday night until Sunday?? Or is that too long?? Any suggestions will help. Should I decorate one tier Friday night and then one tier Saturday night?? I don't know what to do!! icon_cry.gif

2 replies
bellacakecreations Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bellacakecreations Posted 9 Jan 2012 , 1:33am
post #2 of 3

I would bake Thur. freeze until Fri. thaw, fill, and frost then refrigerate and then Sat. cover in fondant and decorate. I know that the "shelf stable" pudding snacks would probably be fine even if you stuck to your time line because the icings and fondant would help insulate but I would feel better doing it as close to the pick up time as possible

specialtycakesbysara Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
specialtycakesbysara Posted 9 Jan 2012 , 1:54am
post #3 of 3

Ok, thanks for the reply!! I guess that makes more sense, but I am going to be super tired!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%