Smbc Q

Decorating By wafawafa Updated 8 Jan 2012 , 11:45pm by BlakesCakes

wafawafa Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
wafawafa Posted 8 Jan 2012 , 2:18pm
post #1 of 4

hii

Can SMBC hold its shape ? I see alot of pics in cc where op say they use SMBC , so will it hold its shape as same as indys recipe ?

Thanks all

3 replies
BlakesCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BlakesCakes Posted 8 Jan 2012 , 6:35pm
post #2 of 4

Yes, but it's very temperature sensitive--both in your hand and in the environment--so, the cooler the better.

Rae

wafawafa Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
wafawafa Posted 8 Jan 2012 , 7:37pm
post #3 of 4

rae u r soo helpful as usual

Dear is there any cooling techniqiue when
I use SMBC ,

BlakesCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BlakesCakes Posted 8 Jan 2012 , 11:45pm
post #4 of 4

Well, butter becomes soft and spreadable at about 72F and melts completely at about 90F.

You can keep 2 bags of icing going with one in the fridge and of course, keep the cake well under 90F once iced. Adding some powdered sugar too it will stiffen it for piping borders, flowers, etc., if it's very warm, but it won't change the melting point. The cake can be cold when transported, but needs to be warm enough at serving time so that the icing isn't hard.

Some people substitute hi ratio shortening for some of the butter, and that can help without changing the consistency or taste much at all.

I live in a climate that's cold for 6 months, cool for 3 months, warm for 2 months, and hot for 1 month, so meringue buttercreams can be used a lot of the time. I'd be pretty nervous about using if it were routinely hot.

Rae

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%