Sugar Cookies

Business By liznb2369 Updated 8 Jan 2012 , 4:31am by BlakesCakes

liznb2369 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
liznb2369 Posted 6 Jan 2012 , 11:06pm
post #1 of 5

i have about 3 dozen cars themed sugar cookies to make for the end of the month. wondering how soon i can start them? they will each be individually wrapped in a treat bag. Would they still be ok if i started working on them the beginning of next week? TIA!

4 replies
Marianna46 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Marianna46 Posted 6 Jan 2012 , 11:08pm
post #2 of 5

Yes, no problem as long as you wrap them soon after they've dried. Otherwise, they might start absorbing humidity and get all soft and mushy.ñ

costumeczar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
costumeczar Posted 7 Jan 2012 , 12:24am
post #3 of 5

I'd make the decorations for them ahead of time out of modelling chocolate or fondant, then bake the cookies a couple of days before you need them. All you'd have to do is put the decoration on them when they come out of the oven, then let them cool off. I wouldn't bake them that far in advance as next week if they're for the end of the month, personally.

liznb2369 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
liznb2369 Posted 7 Jan 2012 , 10:54pm
post #4 of 5

thanks for the responses! I'll probably wait another week or so to start working on them!

BlakesCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BlakesCakes Posted 8 Jan 2012 , 4:31am
post #5 of 5

You can also make the cookies in advance--naked or decorated, freeze them, defrost in the fridge while still in sealed storage container, and remove from the airtight container once they come to room temp.

Rae

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%