Anyone Selling Online?

Business By lynn780 Updated 22 Dec 2011 , 6:30pm by jason_kraft

lynn780 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lynn780 Posted 20 Dec 2011 , 2:59pm
post #1 of 5

I know shipping baked goods has been discussed, but what I am curious about, does anyone sell on line by way of your own website or through other sites? Does it work for you and how did you get started doing it? Thanks.

4 replies
pj22 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pj22 Posted 20 Dec 2011 , 6:59pm
post #2 of 5

I'd be interested in knowing about this as well!

scp1127 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
scp1127 Posted 22 Dec 2011 , 6:31am
post #3 of 5

Yes, I have an e-commerce site. It is wonderful. I designed it exactly the way I wanted it. Currently, I work from my commercial kitchen on my property. I will have two satellite retail stores in the coming months (first one in March in WV, next open in April or May in MD), and in the future, mail order (yes, FDA approved). My site works with all of these applications, so it can grow with me. I require payment in advance, so every order is prepaid. I can offer payments for weddings with final payments 30 days in advance. I never have an issue with chasing money because it is clear up front that all orders are generated through the site invoice. The site gives me a multitude of stats and can do more than I even know how to do. It has all of my tax and accounting information concerning sales. I have all sales from all sources go through a revenue account first to facilitate tax stats.

I do accept checks from my regular corporate accounts and acquaintances. I also have Square on my phone to accept payments from friends. The site accepts all major credit cards.

I will always keep my extensive menu for orders and offer the most popular in the future stores. For now, I love making so many different items. My days are never the same.

Definitely have a designer deal with an e-commerce site. It's not for the inexperienced.

pj22 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pj22 Posted 22 Dec 2011 , 4:22pm
post #4 of 5

Susan, how about enabling a Paypal shopping cart? What kind of fees is involved with the Square app or with your shopping cart accepting all credit cards? Thanks for the help!

jason_kraft Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jason_kraft Posted 22 Dec 2011 , 6:30pm
post #5 of 5

If you don't want to maintain your own e-commerce site, Foodoro can do it for you, they just take a 15% commission.

http://foodoro.com/sell-on-foodoro

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%