Tribute To A Few Of My Cc Heroes!

Decorating By sillywabbitz Updated 20 Dec 2011 , 3:00am by sugarshack

sillywabbitz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sillywabbitz Posted 19 Dec 2011 , 5:32am
post #1 of 11

So I wanted to take a moment (while stuck in a hotel room) to offer up an extra special word of thanks to a few of the "famous" CCers who have made my cake decorating (and very small business) such a wonderful experience:

1) Kelley_M - Kelley is actually my official CC hero because if it wasn't for Kelley, Texas would not have a Cottage Food Law.
Also Kelley and her hubby are responsible for the Cake Boss Software which is what taught me how to charge appropriately for my cakes and that is an amazing accomplishment in it's own right.
2) SugarShack (Sharon Z) for the amazing DVD library, great blog and awesome buttercream recipe.
3) Leah_s - for recommending SPS and keeping me from the cake wreck forum as much as humanly possible and of course her no nonsense approach to business and cake decorating.
4) Jan H - for being the unofficial CC "librarian". I love it when Jan responds to a post with all those fabulous links.

These are just a few of the many wonderful people here on CC. I just wanted to give a little shout out to those wonderful people who I have never met but I still consider my mentors and cake buddies.

So who are your CC heroes?

10 replies
LisaPeps Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LisaPeps Posted 19 Dec 2011 , 6:10am
post #2 of 11

Rylan for introducing me to ganache under fondant!

Mme_K Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mme_K Posted 19 Dec 2011 , 12:35pm
post #3 of 11

Indydebi for her wonderful icing and limitless sharing of advice! thumbs_up.gif

PeggyMichel Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
PeggyMichel Posted 19 Dec 2011 , 1:51pm
post #4 of 11

My CC hero is Kitagrl. I love her cake designs and her forum posts. She is quality all the way!

MimiFix Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MimiFix Posted 19 Dec 2011 , 4:01pm
post #5 of 11

Jason and Susan for their tireless business help,

pummy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pummy Posted 19 Dec 2011 , 4:46pm
post #6 of 11

I will add Edna De La Cruz, Sharon Zambito and Indydebi.

jones5cm Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jones5cm Posted 19 Dec 2011 , 5:18pm
post #7 of 11

All the above mentioned plus Jackie and Heath for this great cake decoration resourceicon_smile.gif

Kiddiekakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kiddiekakes Posted 19 Dec 2011 , 11:01pm
post #8 of 11

Ditto to all the above mentioned....Vast wealth of knowledge!!

sillywabbitz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sillywabbitz Posted 19 Dec 2011 , 11:07pm
post #9 of 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by jones5cm

All the above mentioned plus Jackie and Heath for this great cake decoration resourceicon_smile.gif

Oh duh..thank you for catching that...ESPECIALLY Jackie and Heath for not only the creation of CC but their endless support of this community.

inspiredbymom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
inspiredbymom Posted 19 Dec 2011 , 11:28pm
post #10 of 11

I have to agree with all of the above and I would have to add Jennifer Dontz and Jason Kraft (if the above Jason was different). I have to say Sharon, Jennifer, Jason, Edna have been a HUGE help with my "business". Heath and Jackie making this site can not be put in words. There are so many others that have helped me in so many ways that there is not enough time. Big hugs to you all! Sillywabbitz, thank you for posting this! It gave me an outlet for saying what has been on my mind!

sugarshack Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sugarshack Posted 20 Dec 2011 , 3:00am
post #11 of 11

Thank you for this kind post. I am humbled and feel honored to be a part of this wonderful community.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%