Icing Sheets

Baking By Mae_mom Updated 29 Dec 2011 , 3:09pm by tiggy2

Mae_mom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mae_mom Posted 15 Dec 2011 , 9:49pm
post #1 of 9

Would anyone happen to know of a recipe for making your own icing sheets? I'm referring to the type that are sold in packs of ten or so sheets...

If not, are the prepurchased sheets easy to use in the cricut cake machine?

I'm not opposed to buying them, it's just that I'd like to be able to have as many color options as possible and if I can make them myself, I wouldn't be stuck with just a pack of white ones, etc.

Thanks so much!!

8 replies
tiggy2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tiggy2 Posted 15 Dec 2011 , 10:26pm
post #2 of 9

I don't know how you would make them but icingimages sells them in colors and theirs work great with electronic cutters.

melanie-1221 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
melanie-1221 Posted 15 Dec 2011 , 10:44pm
post #3 of 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by tiggy2

I don't know how you would make them but icingimages sells them in colors and theirs work great with electronic cutters.

Thank you ! I was just going to post about icing sheets working with my Silhouette without buying a custom blade.
icon_biggrin.gif

sillywabbitz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sillywabbitz Posted 16 Dec 2011 , 12:24am
post #4 of 9

I used a Lucks Icing sheet in my brand new cricut. I think I need to reduce the speed a bit though because it starting pulling away from the backing. I really want this mostly for lettering so I'm looking forward to playing with layering colors and patterns. Apparently the Premium Icing Sheets at icing images are specifically for cutters. They're all solid colors. I'm very curious to know the difference between their patterned icing sheets and their premium solid colored sheets.

Annabakescakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Annabakescakes Posted 16 Dec 2011 , 12:33am
post #5 of 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by sillywabbitz

I used a Lucks Icing sheet in my brand new . I think I need to reduce the speed a bit though because it starting pulling away from the backing. I really want this mostly for lettering so I'm looking forward to playing with layering colors and patterns. Apparently the Premium Icing Sheets at icing images are specifically for cutters. They're all solid colors. I'm very curious to know the difference between their patterned icing sheets and their premium solid colored sheets.

Just call and ask! They have AWESOME customer service! You can ask 101 questions and they never show impatience!! icon_redface.gif

tiggy2 Posted 16 Dec 2011 , 12:34am
post #6 of 9

I've tried several brands and all but icingimages pull away from the backing. If I want patterns I just copy scrapbook paper on my edible image printer onto white sheets and cut away.

sillywabbitz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sillywabbitz Posted 16 Dec 2011 , 12:39am
post #7 of 9

Tiggy,
That's really good to know that the icing images are as good as they say. Edible image printer is on my wish list, but I don't do near enough cakes to really justify it. But a girl can dreamicon_smile.gif

icingimages Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
icingimages Posted 29 Dec 2011 , 4:18am
post #8 of 9

Unfortunately you cant just make icing sheets. The process requires a lot of expensive recipes. We do have a large array of colors and you can always take the plain icing sheets and spray them with airbrush color as well. Most electronic cutters will work as is, but Linda McClure sells a blade that is considered food safe as it is removable and cleanable. It isnt all that much money and it is well worth it if you plan to do a lot of cutting. It also wont wear out as quickly. Silllywabbitz, the sheets we sell can be printed on, but the color sheets are specifically designed for electronic cutting...no printer needed!

tiggy2 Posted 29 Dec 2011 , 3:09pm
post #9 of 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by icingimages

Unfortunately you cant just make icing sheets. The process requires a lot of expensive recipes. We do have a large array of colors and you can always take the plain icing sheets and spray them with airbrush color as well. Most electronic cutters will work as is, but Linda McClure sells a blade that is considered food safe as it is removable and cleanable. It isnt all that much money and it is well worth it if you plan to do a lot of cutting. It also wont wear out as quickly. Silllywabbitz, the sheets we sell can be printed on, but the color sheets are specifically designed for electronic cutting...no printer needed!

The blade Linda sells is only for the silhouette and will not fit other electronic cutters.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%