Ideas On Cake Stand For Zombie Cake

Decorating By reginaherrin Updated 14 Dec 2011 , 9:29pm by melanie-1221

reginaherrin Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
reginaherrin Posted 14 Dec 2011 , 3:55am
post #1 of 6

I have a customer that has ordered a 3 tiered zombie cake for her wedding in April. She has just called me to get my thoughts on a cake stand and what would look good with the cake. I told her I would come up with some ideas but I can't think of anything that would look good. Has anyone done a zombie cake with a stand before or does anyone have any ideas for one (either a store that has something or something I could make, it doesn't matter). Thanks in advance.

5 replies
bellacakecreations Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bellacakecreations Posted 14 Dec 2011 , 4:14am
post #2 of 6

First of all I already LOVE your bride!!! Such a different kind of wedding cake. I would do a search for gothic cake stands and find something elegant and dark. Personally I love these stands

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00494APSA/?tag=cakecentral-20

They are just dark enough but have some sparkle and they look amazing. I am ordering some as soon as I can!!

reginaherrin Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
reginaherrin Posted 14 Dec 2011 , 7:49pm
post #3 of 6

I also love that she wants to do a different type of wedding cake. I get tired of doing the same old white cake with flowers (boring). And I have designed it so that it is still semi weddingish (elegant kinda) but still look really cool (no blood or half eaten people). Anyways, those stands are really great, I have seen them before but could not find them. I am going to check to see if I can find them in round since the cake is round. Thanks for your input.

sillywabbitz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sillywabbitz Posted 14 Dec 2011 , 9:02pm
post #4 of 6

Another option would be a distressed would base. I'm thinking square, maybe 6 inches tall, stained and beat up. This would be if they wanted to make it themselves. But I naturally go to dark woods for halloween type cakes.

cupadeecakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cupadeecakes Posted 14 Dec 2011 , 9:15pm
post #5 of 6

This does sounds like a fun bride! I think a cake stand that looks like a coffin would be really cool! Even an overturned grave stone would look awesome! Have you tried sending a PM to Mike411? He has made cake stands for me before and likes a good challenge.

melanie-1221 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
melanie-1221 Posted 14 Dec 2011 , 9:29pm
post #6 of 6

I did a 3 tier Zombie/ Vampire wedding cake over the summer. I was also at a loss for what type of stand to use so I worked in some silver accents on the cake and then used a silver stand. It looked great with the cake if you are unable to come up with anything else.
Good luck...it will be a fun cake to do!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%