New Format!

Decorating By Cricketina Updated 3 Dec 2011 , 7:25pm by tiggy2

Cricketina Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cricketina Posted 3 Dec 2011 , 7:51am
post #1 of 7

I just came on to see the new format.. It asked me tell us what you think then I go to the topic and it says " this topic is locked you can not post comments or edit posts! Why did you ask my opinion then lock the topic?

I don't like the new format so far ....The home screen is super cluttered with to many ads on the right side of page..it looks way to busy ... Information constipation! I use to click on the banner ad at the top when it would interest me but this side ad style is disruptive and I won't look at them and never click on them because they are annoying!

I realize I can pay monthly to delete the ads but with the economy the way it is that is not a need and not something I am willing to pay for!

The main difference I can see so far is the improvement for cake central re the ad space...and I understand that but this is being presented to us as a improvement for us and I just don't see it ....Yet anyway!

6 replies
Marianna46 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Marianna46 Posted 3 Dec 2011 , 1:52pm
post #2 of 7

I generally love the new format. My only complaint is with the forum posts: the ads on the right cover up the text so you can't read them and the "Quick Reply" box has been reduced to nothing! I hope this is one of the things you're still working on. But, in general, my congratulations - a lot of problems got fixed this time around.

Alfiesmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Alfiesmom Posted 3 Dec 2011 , 2:17pm
post #3 of 7

I don't like it either. I know I had more photos in my own gallery, and one that I put in my favorites, that I need, had additional views that aren't there now. I can't see if anyone has commented on my photos to see if they're waiting for a reply. more ads than content. and i really miss the forum summary. the recipes could have been minimized in favor of the forum summary

Gerle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Gerle Posted 3 Dec 2011 , 4:15pm
post #4 of 7

I don't mind the new format so much. It is taking some getting use to, though. I really miss the most current topics on the front page just like most of the CC members, and for some reason today...I can't make a picture my favorite. Seems like the button on the top of the individual photos has been removed. There were lots of problems with the old system so I definitely understand them wanting to make improvements, but with improvements/changes, there is a period of adjustment. I'm going to give them until the start of the new year before complaining and give them a chance to work out the new bugs. Yes, voice your opinion on what you like and don't like or the bugs that still exist, but give them a chance to work it out, to to hopefully replace the most recent posts back on the front page. And put the "favorite" button back on the pics.

I agree that the ads could be made smaller, but we have to remember that those are what pays for us to be able to visit this site for free. If it wasn't for those ads, we would have to pay for CC, so I'm not going to complain about the ads except for the size of them.

Goreti Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Goreti Posted 3 Dec 2011 , 4:30pm
post #5 of 7

I do not like change in general so I was not happy that the format was being changed. I'm sure I will get used to the new format eventually. What I really miss is the latest forums on the home page.

rlowry03 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
rlowry03 Posted 3 Dec 2011 , 5:29pm
post #6 of 7

I'm glad I ran across this post. I was going in to reply to the original post that said "Let us know what you think" but it's already been closed to responses! Part of the update I like. I like the modernized look of the opening page where the pictures are displayed. I hate the fact that the ads are now 1/3 of the entire page! I understand having ads, but do they need to suddenly be so large? I also really miss that the most recent posts aren't displayed on the front page. I enjoy just clicking thru the hot topics when I have just a minute. I don't necessarily want to go to the forums all the time.

And the search function still isn't working right for me. I can't get anything to show up after search results on page 1.

tiggy2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tiggy2 Posted 3 Dec 2011 , 7:25pm
post #7 of 7

I can live with the new format but the small print is just too hard to read.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%