Cricuts

Decorating By justdessertsbyyesi Updated 4 Dec 2011 , 11:06pm by icingimages

justdessertsbyyesi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
justdessertsbyyesi Posted 3 Dec 2011 , 4:13am
post #1 of 7

Hi can someone tell me what is the difference in the Cricut machines? there are 3 , I think?? I do not even know how many our out there. please help. ! [/list]

6 replies
tiggy2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tiggy2 Posted 3 Dec 2011 , 2:43pm
post #2 of 7

They are basically all the same except for size. There is one that prints (only for paper). If you're going to use it for cake decorating I'd go with the silhouette so you can use any image you want and not have to buy the expensive cartridges.

justdessertsbyyesi Posted 4 Dec 2011 , 1:18am
post #3 of 7

Does anyone know the difference between the cricut machines? For example, Marth Stewart and al the others.

Tug Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Tug Posted 4 Dec 2011 , 4:07am
post #4 of 7

The Martha Stewart Cricut is the same as the others, just white color.

justdessertsbyyesi Posted 4 Dec 2011 , 4:09am
post #5 of 7

so there is no difference between the machines? Just prices?

kimebarnes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kimebarnes Posted 4 Dec 2011 , 6:07am
post #6 of 7

they have some different features. the personal size will only take a 6x12 mat while the larger ones take up to a 12x24 so they cut larger size of the images. also some have features such as multi cut function. the cricut website has a forum board and you can see what users are saying about each machine and if not mistaken there is a chart that compares the machines. I have the cricut cake but i started off a scrapbooker so i was very used to working with the machine. I always find cartridges on sale on ebay even craigslist. and i can switch my cartridges back and forth so i can use them on my other machine to scrapbook or make cards etc.

icingimages Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
icingimages Posted 4 Dec 2011 , 11:06pm
post #7 of 7

Before you consider the cricut, you really want to check out the silhouette. The silhouette uses software giving you unlimited choices of patterns to cut whereas the cricut uses cartridges. You may want to google Linda McClure before making a purchase as her cameo rocks!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%